Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, Just picked up my YXZ SE on Saturday from Abernathy's. 7 hour drive from Atlanta. I hope to be posting some vids from our rides soon. We already have a trip planned for Winrock next weekend. I'll try to post my thoughts on east coast riding after we return. Anyway, I have some questions about break-in and things i should do within the first few hours. The owners manual says under 6k RPM for the first 10 hours. Do i need to change the oil at the 10 hour mark? I've also read on these forums that I should check the valving on my shocks rebound, compression etc... Does anyone have theirs dialed in for rocky terrain that would have a suggestion for how many clicks to start with? I'm glad to finally be a part of the side by side community, its been 2 years in the making waiting on something to come to the market that I wanted. I'll be riding with a POPO group this weekend so some comparisons will be made on my next post. As for my first impressions, all 6 miles of them.... the thing is a blast!! Its unlike anything I've ridden. The build quality looks spot on. Nothing seems overlooked. I'm sure I'll find something that annoys me, but in the past few hours of just staring at it I cant imagine what. Now for the aftermarket to catch up so we can start tricking out these machines and posting pics. I look forward to seeing everyone's upgrades and hearing their opinions on what works and what doesn't. I think the alternator is first on my list. And the switch panel. My buddy has a lock'n'ride Polaris storage box on the back of his 900s and it actually fits pretty good in the YXZ. If anyone is close to Winrock we will be there from the 5th -7th. Thanks Guys. )

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats on the new ride sir. And you might be able to skip the alternator and it's expense. There are people running lights and radios together w/o problems so far. Please report back and have fun.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hello Everyone, Just picked up my YXZ SE on Saturday from Abernathy's. 7 hour drive from Atlanta. I hope to be posting some vids from our rides soon. We already have a trip planned for Winrock next weekend. I'll try to post my thoughts on east coast riding after we return. Anyway, I have some questions about break-in and things i should do within the first few hours. The owners manual says under 6k RPM for the first 10 hours. Do i need to change the oil at the 10 hour mark? I've also read on these forums that I should check the valving on my shocks rebound, compression etc... Does anyone have theirs dialed in for rocky terrain that would have a suggestion for how many clicks to start with? I'm glad to finally be a part of the side by side community, its been 2 years in the making waiting on something to come to the market that I wanted. I'll be riding with a POPO group this weekend so some comparisons will be made on my next post. As for my first impressions, all 6 miles of them.... the thing is a blast!! Its unlike anything I've ridden. The build quality looks spot on. Nothing seems overlooked. I'm sure I'll find something that annoys me, but in the past few hours of just staring at it I cant imagine what. Now for the aftermarket to catch up so we can start tricking out these machines and posting pics. I look forward to seeing everyone's upgrades and hearing their opinions on what works and what doesn't. I think the alternator is first on my list. And the switch panel. My buddy has a lock'n'ride Polaris storage box on the back of his 900s and it actually fits pretty good in the YXZ. If anyone is close to Winrock we will be there from the 5th -7th. Thanks Guys. )
I have close to 500 miles on mine now. I went by the book for break-in, changed the oil at 15 hours. The shocks loosen up over time, I did soften the fast and slow compression for rocky terrain. Just installed the factory front and rear windows, like both of them a lot. Also, just installed the Rekluse clutch -- works as advertised. You need to watch the latches on your doors, the bolts come loose. I just had the dealer fix them, after a hard day of riding yesterday -- they have held-up so far. I hope you enjoy the YXZ like I have.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday and put about 60 miles on it today. The following is my review of the YXZ

It's freaking awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hello, and glad you're on here with us!

Reactions: Butts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats guy's on the new wheels :cool:

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts