Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... And it blew my doors off! Holy sheez, I forgot how fast these things can be with good turbos and race fuel-- I wish someone would race a stock on stock machine.. Headed out to Ocotillo tomorrow for a few hours-- anyone rolling out?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would love to see this rocket fly :D

Have a great trip and if you can get some video that would be real cool to see on yxz talk :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
..... And it blew my doors off! Holy sheez, I forgot how fast these things can be with good turbos and race fuel-- I wish someone would race a stock on stock machine.. Headed out to Ocotillo tomorrow for a few hours-- anyone rolling out?
I'll be there in the mid morning with my Yxz. I am taking the wife and kids so we usually just park off main street by the new pavillion/shelter and bathrooms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow!, first time winner eh!

Seriously, seen it already as you posted it elsewhere on this forum already..

Fortunately I have no stock in any model/manufacturer at the moment and have owned machines from all of the majors...

Everyone with hopes that their particular or favorite machine/athlete or whatever it is that you wish to win in a competition hates to lose..

If you lose, lose with dignity..
If you win, win with dignity..heaven forbid your arrogance comes back to bite you in the a$$!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be there in the mid morning with my Yxz. I am taking the wife and kids so we usually just park off main street by the new pavillion/shelter and bathrooms.
Hey!!! We saw you driving back as we were driving there! Darn it!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am going to try and translate this for the rest of us.

You have a KT Turbo XP900 and at 12psi your YXZ beat it?

Then you turned the KT Turbo XP900 up to 18psi and you blew the doors of the YXZ?

You have been racing regular xp1k in your YXZ and beating them?

Your dropping the clutch at between 6-7k rpms and lauching hard? What gear?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I call bullshit or his 900 is the biggest pile of crap in southern cal. Also who was in this 1000 that he raced? Again BS. If the 900 was spinning the tires than should have been in 4x or turned boost down below 12psi.

Matt

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You ought to watch what you say to people you don't know.. I have both toys, ergo there is zero reasons for me to lie.. Furthermore, I don't like being called a liar, ever, especially from people who hide behind cpu screens. I stopped posting fun thing on rzr forums because it got too ridiculous with people who are out of their minds..lets try and keep this forum decent--

·
Registered
97 Posts
you do realize what your claiming does not fall in line with anything that has been posted, show us your video otherwise It never happened. Curious, which machine did you drive in the race?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you do realize what your claiming does not fall in line with anything that has been posted, show us your video otherwise It never happened. Curious, which machine did you drive in the race?
Ive had this discussion in friendly manners with other people. I don't have vids... I don't like watching them, they make my stomach churn, thus I don't bother to have them. Furthermore my time is very valuable to me and stopping to put a camera somewhere so I can entertain other people isn't what I do-- I ride, I have fun.. I don't have time to ask around or beg someone to take vids of me and my friends driving.. That ludicrous to me.. Others do it, and thats great if thats what works for them..
Couple questions for you Matt-- Do you own one of these yet? Have you driven one yet? I suppose not or we wouldn't be having this discussion. Go out and get used to driving one then roll up to your buddy and race him... I hope you beat him.. If not, I hope you have fun-- thus the reason we do what we do....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are more than welcome to come over and drive my toys anytime and make your own conclusions.. I literally will give you the keys and roll out with you-- I live in SD-- my cell is 760 846 1610-- Holler anytime and Ill make time or we can chance it at night like I do literally every night and cruise around a bit-- The rules are always the same, you break you buy..=) cheers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am 3rd in line for a blue one, so will prob not see it until Feb. I have run with guys with the K&T setup in a xp900 fully dialed in running only 91 octane and there is no way the stock yxz hangs, they beat my 1000 and its dialed in as well. I also ride, build and observe constantly as I plan my next upgrade. I think you realize that the internet and forums are always skeptical unfortunately, its not to be mean, its just the nature of the beast. Things will always get compared and cross compared to death on any brands forum

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am 3rd in line for a blue one, so will prob not see it until Feb. I have run with guys with the K&T setup in a xp900 fully dialed in running only 91 octane and there is no way the stock yxz hangs, they beat my 1000 and its dialed in as well. I also ride, build and observe constantly as I plan my next upgrade. I think you realize that the internet and forums are always skeptical unfortunately, its not to be mean, its just the nature of the beast. Things will always get compared and cross compared to death on any brands forum

you have a 1k!!?? where do you ride and we'll meet up and roll out-- Mine yxz is bone stock-- Ill bring the orange beast too..-- Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
97 Posts
you have a 1k!!?? where do you ride and we'll meet up and roll out-- Mine yxz is bone stock-- Ill bring the orange beast too..-
St Anthony and sand mnt mostly as they are closest to me currently. Grew up in Pismo and lived in Vegas for 10 years so I did Glamis and dummont while I lived there. Your new ride looks good by the way

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
God I love those 4 seaters-- They had one at the Sand Show that had a LS motor in it...Insanely great riding machines.. Looking good for sure-- I lived up in Tahoe for a year doing some work and used to ride sand mountain as much as I could-- That was back in the day when the rzr s 800 had just came out-- Everyone was super stoked to just make it up the mountain..(sometimes) These toys have changed so much-- All for the better if you ask me!
If I get a wild hair to roll up there for some snowboarding Ill get in touch and roll out with you on our toys--

·
Registered
97 Posts
God I love those 4 seaters-- They had one at the Sand Show that had a LS motor in it...Insanely great riding machines.. Looking good for sure-- I lived up in Tahoe for a year doing some work and used to ride sand mountain as much as I could-- That was back in the day when the rzr s 800 had just came out-- Everyone was super stoked to just make it up the mountain..(sometimes) These toys have changed so much-- All for the better if you ask me!
If I get a wild hair to roll up there for some snowboarding Ill get in touch and roll out with you on our toys--
Tahoe is a great area my wife's from there. I am in Boise Idaho, So I have to travel for the sand.

my rhino 4 seat couldn't go anywhere at sand mnt, was still fun. My 4 seat 800 night and day better, still struggled on some of the big stuff. My 900 4-seat could do back side of the big hill barely with 2 or 3 people and was only going 15mph when flopping over the top, kind of scary if someone cut you off as all momentum would be lost. My 4 seat 1000 I mostly run with just front seats and have done 20 clutch adjustments or more and I can pretty much do what I want in it. The longer wheelbase with my shock re-valve lets me go as fast as I want. If all else fails I have my Honda trx450 hill bike that's my rocket. I am hoping the YXZ is a cross between my rzr and my quad with more potential and good reliability

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live in the fort hall Idaho area witch is witch is about 90 miles south of ST. Anthony and I have never been to the dunes. Maybe I should trek north and give it a whirl some day

1 - 20 of 21 Posts