1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
614 Posts
Looks like a clean installation.... intriguing. Compatible with stock rods? Does it come with any boost or AFR gauges?

Reactions: KraftWerksJason

·
Registered
716 Posts
I see kit is 25% off today but still no dyno charts for this product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a clean installation.... intriguing. Compatible with stock rods? Does it come with any boost or AFR gauges?
Yes our kit is made to work with all stock internals. Does not come with a AFR gauge. Most people are running a PV3 with our kits and it has all that info on it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Was never asked for one. Were you interested in picking up a kit? I can send you some numbers if you are.
Yes & no. Set on turbo as next mod, lurking on supercharger. Never asked directly for dyno, was searching randomly thru web & social media. Interested in the power curve in the low to mid rpm vs turbo setups. This is the first centrifugal I seen on YXZ. Also, looks like a white yxz on dyno video without intercooler, blue yxz on product page with an intercooler, and intstall instructions show an intercooler and oil cooler. Kinda scratching my head at this point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes & no. Set on turbo as next mod, lurking on supercharger. Never asked directly for dyno, was searching randomly thru web & social media. Interested in the power curve in the low to mid rpm vs turbo setups. This is the first centrifugal I seen on YXZ. Also, looks like a white yxz on dyno video without intercooler, blue yxz on product page with an intercooler, and intstall instructions show an intercooler and oil cooler. Kinda scratching my head at this point.
Was able to dig up the chart for this white one we posted on Instagram a while back. That white one does have an intercooler as well as an oil cooler which come standard with every kit. The photos you see with no oil cooler are just glamour shots. The oil cooler isn't the very photogenic.

The power as you can see if very linear. No sudden spikes. This unit had a full Graves and some other little bits. A completely stock unit you would be 150+. Makes good reliable power with stock internals.

http://instagr.am/p/B_YR-YJlCZE/

·
Registered
716 Posts
Was able to dig up the chart for this white one we posted on Instagram a while back. That white one does have an intercooler as well as an oil cooler which come standard with every kit. The photos you see with no oil cooler are just glamour shots. The oil cooler isn't the very photogenic.

The power as you can see if very linear. No sudden spikes. This unit had a full Graves and some other little bits. A completely stock unit you would be 150+. Makes good reliable power with stock internals.
Numbers look good, 5.5psi and pump gas? I'm sure that kinda power be plenty for me, about 30% power loss thru drivetrain. Also, which fuel controller is provided with this package? I saw the standard PC5 with install vs the PV3 you mention. Lastly, can pulley be swapped for more boost or will the blower be over-spun?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Numbers look good, 5.5psi and pump gas? I'm sure that kinda power be plenty for me, about 30% power loss thru drivetrain. Also, which fuel controller is provided with this package? I saw the standard PC5 with install vs the PV3 you mention. Lastly, can pulley be swapped for more boost or will the blower be over-spun?
Yes our kit is made to run on pump gas reliably. Any tuner can be used. It's up to your preference.We work with Dyno Jet to try and make it as plug and play as possible. We have customer that don't want to use Dyno Jet and just go to their local tuner and have it tuned there. As for the supercharger it can handle way more boost. We run this same supercharger on our RZR kit and we have a 15PSI pulley option. For the YXZ we are still doing some testing since 5.5PSI is all the stock motor can handle. Higher boost options are in the works, but you will have to have a built motor.

·
Registered
2017 YXZ1000R SS
42 Posts
If you haven't yet go check out the new KraftWerks supercharger kit for the 2016-2018 YXZ. Feel free ask any questions you might have!

KraftWerks YXZ Supercharger

YXZ Dyno Run

View attachment 116049
I had nothing but problems with the Agency Supercharger kit. After taking it to a couple different mechanics to locate a boost leak that didn't exist (Agency swore it was leaking) and swapping out several boost controllers I ended up returning the kit. I never saw more than 2 lbs of boost. I see your kit is even more expensive than theirs. How is yours different? How good is your technical support after it's purchased?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had nothing but problems with the Agency Supercharger kit. After taking it to a couple different mechanics to locate a boost leak that didn't exist (Agency swore it was leaking) and swapping out several boost controllers I ended up returning the kit. I never saw more than 2 lbs of boost. I see your kit is even more expensive than theirs. How is yours different? How good is your technical support after it's purchased?
Everything is higher quality with reliability in mind. Also our system is fully enclosed to protect the unit, pulley and belt from mud, rocks and water. Our technical support before and after purchase is awesome I would like to think. I personal handle everything so i can be reached on here or directly at KraftWerks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts