Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
how much boost can the 2019+ hold? My understanding is that it already has stronger rods from the factory. What kind of price will be on the 2019 kit?
We are messing around with different boost levels. most likely will end up around the 7PSI range for our base kit. For those that want more we will have pulley upgrades to get more boost. For higher boost you will need to junk the stock exhaust system. It is just too restrictive. We are working on our own line of high flow exhaust to work with our kits.And it should be priced around the same as our other kits which is $4,200.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are messing around with different boost levels. most likely will end up around the 7PSI range for our base kit. For those that want more we will have pulley upgrades to get more boost. For higher boost you will need to junk the stock exhaust system. It is just too restrictive. We are working on our own line of high flow exhaust to work with our kits.And it should be priced around the same as our other kits which is $4,200.
Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear the 19+ are getting more boost. Should be screamers with an exhaust. Definitely something I am going to look into after some other big $ mods are done on my car (cage).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear the 19+ are getting more boost. Should be screamers with an exhaust. Definitely something I am going to look into after some other big $ mods are done on my car (cage).
Definitely recommend safety before speed. If you are interested in some boost afterwards feel free to reach out!

·
Registered
727 Posts
That 2019+ intercooler looks much cleaner.

@KraftWerksJason Do you know if this kit can be tuned relatively safe with TPS instead of the MAP sensor? I would assume this can be accomplished with a centrifugal supercharger as it builds boost in linear fashion. Any past experiences/attempts good or bad vs the MAP sensor?

Reactions: KraftWerksJason

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That 2019+ intercooler looks much cleaner.

@KraftWerksJason Do you know if this kit can be tuned relatively safe with TPS instead of the MAP sensor? I would assume this can be accomplished with a centrifugal supercharger as it builds boost in linear fashion. Any past experiences/attempts good or bad vs the MAP sensor?
You can tune it either way. I prefer MAP over TPS and that is how I tuned this kit as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wish the 16-18 kit had a different intercooler option. I can't use it with the rear windshield and bed cargo box.

The only supercharger options are used Packard's or Agency's since neither produce them anymore (new).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I wish the 16-18 kit had a different intercooler option. I can't use it with the rear windshield and bed cargo box.

The only supercharger options are used Packard's or Agency's since neither produce them anymore (new).
Yeah the layout of the 16-18 and the 19+ are just completely different. The windshield we have had people trim to slide over the brackets. Cargo box you might just have to look at another solution if you want more power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Make sure you go and follow our new offroad specific Instagram for updates and giveaways!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts