Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What size is the stock YXZ fuel injector? Are the injectors used on the sidewinder 998T bigger? You can buy them with new o rings for about 225 new. Are they a viable option if you are wanting more than the 200 hp the stock ones can handle?

Edit: the part numbers are the same except the first couple letters. So they may be the same.

YXZ - 2HC-13761-00-00
Sidewinder - 8KJ-13761-00-00

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm sure you figured out something already but for future reference. I bought a used Sidewinder fuel rail, regulator, and injectors ($105 total!) and used them on my turbo build. The Sidewinder injectors flow roughly 1.5 times the factory injectors and have noticably larger holes in the nozzle. I havent tested them over 11 PSI but they run roughly 75% duty at max load. The factory sleds are good for 275+ HP. I would say they are very viable especially if you can score a deal like I did.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure you figured out something already but for future reference. I bought a used Sidewinder fuel rail, regulator, and injectors ($105 total!) and used them on my turbo build. The Sidewinder injectors flow roughly 1.5 times the factory injectors and have noticably larger holes in the nozzle. I havent tested them over 11 PSI but they run roughly 75% duty at max load. The factory sleds are good for 275+ HP. I would say they are very viable especially if you can score a deal like I did.
Thanks! that is good to know. I havent messed with my fuel system yet, but it will get addressed this winter. I'll be on the lookout for them. Was there any tuning issues with the sidewinder injectors?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got one off ebay with injectors for $120. This is a steal! has a boost referenced fuel regulator to make a return style fuel system. now we'll see if we can push this supercharger enough to make me upgrade the clutch on my SS. Should be an interesting winter upgrade season.

Does anyone know the flow rates for either the yxz injector or the sidewinder injector

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure the flow rates but I removed about 22 percent of the fuel on FTECU to get the AFRs back in check when I switched them out. The boosted fuel pressure from the pressure regulator definitely changes the boosted fuel tables (less open time). FTECU no longer sells their turbo file for the YXZ. They partnered with a couple of tuners (Alba is one of them).

·
Registered
2018 YXZ1000R SE
2 Posts
I'm not sure the flow rates but I removed about 22 percent of the fuel on FTECU to get the AFRs back in check when I switched them out. The boosted fuel pressure from the pressure regulator definitely changes the boosted fuel tables (less open time). FTECU no longer sells their turbo file for the YXZ. They partnered with a couple of tuners (Alba is one of them).
Is that accurate? I know that they hadn't planned on making the turbo file available for the 19+ models but I haven't heard that they were discontinuing it all together. I use FT to tune all of the Reckless cars and that will definitely make the push towards standalone that much easier I suppose. For power refence my car made 224whp on 15lbs tuned with FT and using factory fuel system. This winter we are planning full fuel system upgrade to 1700cc and maybe standalone now if FT isnt going to suppose the turbo file.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You'll have to contact Flashtune directly. They are pretty cool to deal with but the last few questions that I asked about the turbo file they replied that they no longer supported it because of the dangers of tuning with it and the agreements that they had with various builders in the market. Using the raw flashtune for tuning is okay and I got my car to run pretty good on a 3bar sensor but after unlocking the turbo file it was night and day crisper and smoother on all accounts. I wish that FTECU still supported it. Maybe Nate at Alba will help you out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts