Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody came up with a good way to mount a lightbar down low with this style bumper and winch? I like the idea of mounting between the shock towers but all the brackets I seem to find you must use a specific really expensive light bar. I tried the nilight brand and drilled the two holes into the plastic and used the holes through the frame as someone posted but that didn't hold up.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
can you buy the shock tower mounts then use a piece of flat stock across between then as sub-plate to mount a reasonable light bar? Probably have to drill some holes in the plate, but not the car. Way more protected on shocks than on bumper.

·
Administrator
2018 SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Trinity exhaust, Weller tune,RR Intercom & Radio,
434 Posts
Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle brake

Two tabs from AA Mfg. Think it cost me $3.00. Been there for probably 2000 miles and never been damaged. We strictly trail ride. Mounted it down low to act as a fog/dust light. Any higher and the reflected light would be an issue.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper

Did a shock tower mount on our friends using two tube mounts, some angle iron and a flat bar. Attached to the two down tubes ahead of the shock mount. Total cost was about $20.00.

Nate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts