Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about getting a new yxz 1000. We do a lot of trail riding on 4 wheelers and I may the first to upgrade to side by side. Everyone I ride with say rzr or can am... but me I like yamaha, so trying to convince my wife that this would be a very fun ride, her only big concern is storage as sometimes we pack for over night. Any pictures or video that would help me win ?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Buy the new Wolverine. It's better for camping and trail riding out of the box. The Honda is also nice but more complicated. Japan anything is built way better

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info... I have time to decide... winter is upon us... SxS riding done for a few months. I said camping, but realistically... probabky be 2, maybe 3 weekends a year

·
Registered
116 Posts
storage isnt an issue. we have a molle bed plate, molle plate on the back of the spare tire carrier and another one going on the c-pillar for more soft storage. can fit a 25qt cooler, a few more molle bags on the bed (we keep tools, TP, recovery strap in there) passenger footwell storage for some tools and personal protection, etc. car has a range of roughly 160 miles now with the rotopax on the back (can just add another rotopax we run 2gal but also have a 3 and 1 that we can add). all about laying out the storage efficiently. my plan was to run the baja peninsula at some point just need to get a few more spares and mock up how those will stay safe and were good. can try and get some better pics of what we have, but heres whats handy

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been thinking about getting a new yxz 1000. We do a lot of trail riding on 4 wheelers and I may the first to upgrade to side by side. Everyone I ride with say rzr or can am... but me I like yamaha, so trying to convince my wife that this would be a very fun ride, her only big concern is storage as sometimes we pack for over night. Any pictures or video that would help me win ?
I installed an automotive style roof rack on my 19, lots of storage on top. Stay away from Polaris and Can am if you can. Yamaha has it's issues but far less than the others.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have a Razor and a Yxz. I use the Yxz way more than the Razor, in fact have been thinking about selling the Razor since it just sits. There is no comparison in quality, the Yamaha is in a totally different league in that department.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have a 2019 YXZ SS SE, only mods are 32" Terrabyte tires, Graves headers and tune, and an Alba spark arrestor. I could not be happier in the trails, rocks, desert, and mountains. After 7600 miles I would not change a thing. The ride is great, the power curve is as much as you desire, and not a squeak or rattle to be found. I have plenty of storage with the HMF rear cargo rack, and some roof bags. We have more storage than we need. The YXZ is the ultimate in a N/A sport SXS, to me the experience is intoxicating to say the least. However, I would look at the new RMAX as well before looking at a competing make/model. Yamaha knocked it out of the park with the RMAX. I recently went on a ride with a couple that just bought a Can Am X3. Just after the purchase, he test drove a RMAX and he could not say enough good regarding the RMAX. He was experiencing buyer's remorse for sure.

·
Registered
2021 se ss gytr Turbo, clutch
12 Posts
Dude, I just ordered a 2021 SS SE, turbo, better clutch, upgraded exhaust, roll cage, windshield, re-flash, 5 point harness, God I cant Wait!!!
From what I hear Yamaha is a good choice. Talk to the mechanics they don't work on Yamaha because they don't break much if at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts