Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting new wheels for my ‘21 SS se. I’m looking to be the same size all the way around. My riding style is desert and woods. I’ll be doing sand also so I’ll see how I do that set up also. For the desert I’m looking to stay at a 14” wheel bead locks probably 7” wide is what I have found so far. Offset I keep seeing 5/2 or 30mm is best for these machines. Now tires what’s the go to been thinking BFGs 30/10/14. Looking for some input on routes to go. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went with BFG’s over the tensors for the Arizona desert. Working well so far. Replaced the rear wheel rims with front wheel sized rims. All 4 same size wheels and tires. I got a stock 16, so I was kind of limited to 28’s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with BFG’s over the tensors for the Arizona desert. Working well so far. Replaced the rear wheel rims with front wheel sized rims. All 4 same size wheels and tires. I got a stock 16, so I was kind of limited to 28’s.
Good to hear with the BFGs I’m in the Vegas desert and Utah woods. I’m guessing your running the km3s?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have no experience with the km3 but one thing to think about is the weight of the km3’s they weigh 40 lbs each in a 30x10x14 which is a pretty heavy tire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no experience with the km3 but one thing to think about is the weight of the km3’s they weigh 40 lbs each in a 30x10x14 which is a pretty heavy tire.
What tire are you running? I’m still new to this. What’s prone to break with running heavier tires or disadvantages?

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
695 Posts
Heavy tires and wheels are hard on the entire drive train. Especially the clutch.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
STI wheels. Bead locks are heavy and not needed. Been running for years and I like the 8 ply Tusk tires that resemble the Maxxis Bighorns. Good in all terrains and I've ran many different styles

·
Registered
21 Posts
In that size tire, everything weighs 40lbs. or more. KM3's will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at getting new wheels for my ‘21 SS se. I’m looking to be the same size all the way around. My riding style is desert and woods. I’ll be doing sand also so I’ll see how I do that set up also. For the desert I’m looking to stay at a 14” wheel bead locks probably 7” wide is what I have found so far. Offset I keep seeing 5/2 or 30mm is best for these machines. Now tires what’s the go to been thinking BFGs 30/10/14. Looking for some input on routes to go. Thanks guys!
Raceline Ryno Beadlocks, There nice wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts