Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Nate, has the all ARP KIT, meaning studs and nuts are ARP. Weller’s are aerospace studs and nuts are ARP, I had a bad experience with them, big difference. Just my opinion.
C57A8759-9020-4472-A750-B55E98FBC208.jpeg
83432A4B-D6F2-45C4-8659-9CDD36B79EC5.jpeg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Be-careful about Alba. They provide great customer service and answer the phone and any question you might have every time you call. If your going to use them once you might as well just hand over the CC because you will keep going back. Great Company.

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I called and ordered a head gasket and head studs from alba already. Can I ask you some tech questions?
Sure, I may or may not have an answer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sure, I may or may not have an answer.
Okay cool
I have a 2019 yxz 1000 and I built my own turbo kit . I used a generic Chinese 2860 turbo and intercooler and I made my own exhaust and intake and dobeck made my fuel controller. I had the car out a few times and it was running pretty good and I was pretty happy with it but this weekend I blew a head gasket at glamis. So I ordered ARP studs and a head gasket from Alba racing and I just bought a Garrett 2860 RS turbo and I think I'm going to be in good shape. I'm trying to keep it simple I have the blow off valve hooked up to the vacuum that the car's map sensor works off and I have the turbo wastegate going to a boost controller getting pressure off of the charge pipe. I think that's all going to work well.
So my question is is there an inexpensive way to get more fuel? I would like to go with a bigger injector and increase my fuel pressure. Can you recommend a route to get more fuel pressure or recommend some injectors? Or any other suggestions about my build

·
Registered
727 Posts
Alba runs 1000cc injectors with the Stage 3 GYTR reflash. Takes it as far as 18.5 psi with 1000cc injectors, no other upgrades to fuel system. All tuning for boost thru factory ECU, no piggybacks.

RPM and DLP have complete fuel system upgrades for pump, regulator, and fuel rail(RPM).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Okay cool
I have a 2019 yxz 1000 and I built my own turbo kit . I used a generic Chinese 2860 turbo and intercooler and I made my own exhaust and intake and dobeck made my fuel controller. I had the car out a few times and it was running pretty good and I was pretty happy with it but this weekend I blew a head gasket at glamis. So I ordered ARP studs and a head gasket from Alba racing and I just bought a Garrett 2860 RS turbo and I think I'm going to be in good shape. I'm trying to keep it simple I have the blow off valve hooked up to the vacuum that the car's map sensor works off and I have the turbo wastegate going to a boost controller getting pressure off of the charge pipe. I think that's all going to work well.
So my question is is there an inexpensive way to get more fuel? I would like to go with a bigger injector and increase my fuel pressure. Can you recommend a route to get more fuel pressure or recommend some injectors? Or any other suggestions about my build
Alba runs 1000cc injectors with the Stage 3 GYTR reflash. Takes it as far as 18.5 psi with 1000cc injectors, no other upgrades to fuel system. All tuning for boost thru factory ECU, no piggybacks.

RPM and DLP have complete fuel system upgrades for pump, regulator, and fuel rail(RPM).
I had my ecu flashed for a pipe before I put the turbo on and it runs good. Could I get the injectors or do I need to flash the ECU again.
How much are the injectors or do you have a part number?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes, new injectors will require a reflash but since you got a piggyback that should compensate for fueling changes. Not sure on part number, it shows $569 on the GYTR flash option. I did forget to mention running bigger injectors will make it difficult to get the idle dialed in, this from threads I’ve come across.

Also, with the head studs you will see 1 of shorter head stud. The shorter one goes by the water pump from what I gathered. There is a lot of info over on YXZ Addicts Facebook page as well. I actually only recently made a Facebook account just to join the YXZ Addict group.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts