Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a dyno pull for our 6psi, low boost, bolt on kit we are working on for the YXZ with zero motor mods! This is with our full exhaust and auto tuned. Testing this weekend revealed there is a ton of torque with this kit with a really broad powerband. Jason's first comment was "duners are gonna love this!"

View attachment image.bmp

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Thanks for the update! Pics??? And yes, pricing?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a bolt on kit. Will finalize pricing once the kit is ready to be released. We are testing still but getting close!

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great looking numbers for 6 lbs! I'm anxious to see what 10 psi will make.
I believe we will also be doing a high-boost kit as well, which will require some engine mods....and yes, I will also be very interested to see those numbers!! :)

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice cory thanks for up date , so how is suspension doing have you done any more changes ?

Suspension is going well! Testing has gone without a hitch, just making some minor tweaks for cosmetics and we should be close to handing these off to the public! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What gear is this in? Can you show both numbers( stock and boosted) by rpm instead of mph. I'm curious why the stock stops at 72 mph and the boosted goes to 76 mph.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What gear is this in? Can you show both numbers( stock and boosted) by rpm instead of mph. I'm curious why the stock stops at 72 mph and the boosted goes to 76 mph.
I'll find out. My guess is 4th or 5th.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Here is a dyno pull for our 6psi, low boost, bolt on kit we are working on for the YXZ with zero motor mods! This is with our full exhaust and auto tuned. Testing this weekend revealed there is a ton of torque with this kit with a really broad powerband. Jason's first comment was "duners are gonna love this!"

View attachment 1818
Impressive!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe we will also be doing a high-boost kit as well, which will require some engine mods....and yes, I will also be very interested to see those numbers!! :)
egine mods as in new lower comp pistons ? aren't the rods pretty dam good?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
egine mods as in new lower comp pistons ? aren't the rods pretty dam good?

The stock motor is pretty beefy - we like what we see in there....my guess is lower comp pistons, but Jason is the technical guy....I'll be sure to ask him!

·
Registered
42 Posts
If they use the same rods as their Nytro/Viper engine than they are pretty stout. We ran 270hp on stock internals on the nytro's 17psi pump gas with a head shim.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts