Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well like the title says think about this , if you use a sport bike motor like a r1 or a bussa they have 5 or 6 gears, if you put it in first or second on motor their is your low range and in 5th or 6 th their is top gear then you have 2 transmissiions but the combos are unlimited you could crawl and then just keep shifting till your going 100 mph , use a hand clutch and shifter like a r1 conversion and then keep stock trans stock or you could even use reckluse for a automactic since its after the motor , now every body can be happy ;) no more stoping to shift out of low range or to shift down to low range

·
Registered
762 Posts
YOUR A GENlUS!!!! TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES ON YOUR BUILD.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
YOUR A GENlUS!!!! TAKE A LOT OF PICTURES ON YOUR BUILD.
i dont need a crawler but i have owned and build jeep crawlers and used to work for advance adapters so i know how to stack transmissions and do engine swaps, but all the guys that keep asking for a crawler this is how to do it but why turn a desert and dune car into a crawler if you want low range and a cvt go to a mavrick or a canam or polaris they all have 1000cc and a cvt and low range it doesnt make sense to come hear and whine that it doesnt fit your needs , then built it so it does. i just gave an example of how to do it , but as i said before i love the yxz as is other than a stage 2 turbo kit a race cage and 5 point harneses and all my rugged race radios and vhf and gps and rigid light bars and the wellar long travel, see i will build it to fit my needs but i dont whine and say why doesnt yamaha do this, hell no i will build it to fit my needs and not bitch!

·
Registered
341 Posts
How about a closer ratio transmission that is not as overdriven, your top end would suffer a little, but it would crawl in first gear.
^^ THIS ^^

Seems a little dumb that both 4th and 5th are both overdrive ratios. It is barely in 5th and hits the speed limiter, that tells you it is geared way too shallow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Would have been better to make 5th 1:1 and then everything below it steep, that way if you wanted more speed all you would need was taller tires. But once something is geared too shallow you lose all options except big power to overcome the gearing.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
How about Yukon gear company cut some ring and pinions and remove the speed limiter in 5th ! Hey it would top out at 80 and still crawled I would be all smiles!

·
Registered
587 Posts
It all ready has an island tranny it would be way easier to change that than the front and rear gear. Probably cheaper too if you're paying labor. Now we need someone to cone out with a lower geared Trans. I'm not sure why Yamaha would gear this thing so high with such small tires on it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i dont need a crawler but i have owned and build jeep crawlers and used to work for advance adapters so i know how to stack transmissions and do engine swaps, but all the guys that keep asking for a crawler this is how to do it but why turn a desert and dune car into a crawler if you want low range and a cvt go to a mavrick or a canam or polaris they all have 1000cc and a cvt and low range it doesnt make sense to come hear and whine that it doesnt fit your needs , then built it so it does. i just gave an example of how to do it , but as i said before i love the yxz as is other than a stage 2 turbo kit a race cage and 5 point harneses and all my rugged race radios and vhf and gps and rigid light bars and the wellar long travel, see i will build it to fit my needs but i dont whine and say why doesnt yamaha do this, hell no i will build it to fit my needs and not bitch!
l WAS JUST JERKING YOUR CHAIN. PACE OFFROAD DONE A CUSTOM BUILD FOR ME ON MY WILDCAT. 300hp Z-1 TURBO "BAD KITTY". 1461342_992325764128106_4066892258320381620_n.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts