Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install aftermarket seats that actually lowered your seating position? I got an aftermarket cage, that under certain conditions I bump my helmet on the roof. Looking to get lower by a couple inches. Looking at the Corbeau Apex and SXS Pro, they seem pretty low. I'm not really interested in the side mounted style race seats due to the high hip bolsters making it hard to get in and out. Has anybody installed the Corbeaus, PRP, Beard, etc. and measured the height difference?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have two cars , one with prp and the other wit nrg . The nrg are a containment seat and sit about 2” lower then stock . Prp seat sit a little higher then stock .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have two cars , one with prp and the other wit nrg . The nrg are a containment seat and sit about 2” lower then stock . Prp seat sit a little higher then stock .
Do you think with custom brackets, the PRPs could be made to sit lower, or do they sit about as low as possible with the PRP brackets?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have Beard seats in mine, they sit about 1/2” lower than stock. A friend modified the brackets that came with seats and mounted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just installed Sparco's...

They are definitely lower, especially the driver's side. I am glad the job is done, and knowing what I know now, am not sure I would do it again. If you choose to do this, you will need: Seats, mounting brackets, mounting foundations, a welder, a means to cut body plastic, and about 4 full days to do the job right. The driver's side isn't too bad. It's the passenger side that is the monster, and even with the mounts, I ended up welding a couple 1/8" x 3" runners, then boring holes to mount the foundation into the factory location.

In fact, the driver's side became so low, I had to fashion some riser plates, to get the seat where I wanted it. Without this mod, It will virtually be about 1-1/2" off the floor.

There is much plastic to trim...

So, to recap, these are way lower, way too expensive, super comfortable and very stable. You can dial the angle in, exactly where you want it. Be prepared for some fabrication to get it to work, especially the passenger side. These are definitely not a bolt-on upgrade, but they are bad ass.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I have PRP seats , they sit higher than stock and lean back like Apollo space capsule seat. I shortened the front mounts one inch so seat back leaned forward which allowed me to move seat back inch and a quarter. This made it better for me as I hated them before the mod.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Robin has the PRP GT seats (I had same) and I am not sure if other models have any different back angle. I know the RS version has less bottom bolsters and take less to get in & out than the GT version

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I just installed Sparco's...
View attachment 115557
They are definitely lower, especially the driver's side. I am glad the job is done, and knowing what I know now, am not sure I would do it again. If you choose to do this, you will need: Seats, mounting brackets, mounting foundations, a welder, a means to cut body plastic, and about 4 full days to do the job right. The driver's side isn't too bad. It's the passenger side that is the monster, and even with the mounts, I ended up welding a couple 1/8" x 3" runners, then boring holes to mount the foundation into the factory location.
View attachment 115558
In fact, the driver's side became so low, I had to fashion some riser plates, to get the seat where I wanted it. Without this mod, It will virtually be about 1-1/2" off the floor.
View attachment 115559
There is much plastic to trim...
View attachment 115560
So, to recap, these are way lower, way too expensive, super comfortable and very stable. You can dial the angle in, exactly where you want it. Be prepared for some fabrication to get it to work, especially the passenger side. These are definitely not a bolt-on upgrade, but they are bad ass.
Come on, how could you not do it again, that's the most bad assed cockpit shot I've seen. Very nice work bro, hats off!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a Corbeau SXS Pro installed with zero drive time due to Oregon Coast weather. Seems to sit about the same height as factory. One thing to note is there is a little play in the rear bracket and the seat isn't centered to with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10-4. Thanks everyone for the info. Looks like race style buckets are the only way to go for anything appreciably lower.
Anyone modify the brackets on suspension seats to get them lower?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I installed the PRP XC seats in mine, they do sit higher than stock and mostly in the front but they work good for me so far, i have considered modifying front mounting as Rocken Robin but i have done so much so far rebuilding from frame up that i just want to ride before next mods ?
42437D8D-826B-49DB-8172-205A8B608C79.jpeg

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed the PRP GT seats and have the Cage WRX Super Shorty cage. I am 6' 5" tall so I lowered the seats brackets 2" and am very satisfied. The lowering of 2" is a lot of work and requires plastic modifications on the passenger side but was well worth it. I do not think the seats can be lowered any more than 2" on the passenger side due to the gas cap location.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm in the process of sending my Corbeau SXS Pro seat back and again iso another fixed seat. Great customer service from Corbeau btw. Steering wheel is about 2" off from the center of the seat though. For the ones with aftermarket fixed seats. Are your steering wheels centered with the seat? Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm in the process of sending my Corbeau SXS Pro seat back and again iso another fixed seat. Great customer service from Corbeau btw. Steering wheel is about 2" off from the center of the seat though. For the ones with aftermarket fixed seats. Are your steering wheels centered with the seat? Thanks
Steering wheel off center a little but i don’t notice unless i pay attention to it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts