Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought the adventure pro for our 19 yxz and it seems the harness isn’t long enough(25inches) about 2ft short...what am I missing. TIA

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 2019s have another diagnostic plug on the wiring harness up front under the hood called the GPS port. It's wrapped very close to the main loom with a rubber cap over it. It's easy to miss.

Earlier models require an extension to reach the port by the battery.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's what I had hoped.
I also have a 19 and I called the help # on manual, they told me that their "tech" thought it went there too, but wasnt sure, and recommended contacting a Yamaha dealer. I called Redding Yamaha. The parts guy is very knowledgeable on function but not install, he connected be with service. Service lady flat out said she could not let me speak with a mech, I had to leave a number and if the mech felt like it, he might call me. I went in to Red Bluff Yamaha and talked to their top mech, he said he'd never installed one, but was pretty sure it had to hook to diagnostics port in battery compartment. He did say to call the help # again and ask them again. If they couldn't help, he'd figure it out.
I also did web searches for hours and closest thing I found was a youtube video on installing it in a 19 wolverine..
Typed in "Magellan " for search on this forum and this thread was 2nd one to pop up.
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's what I had hoped.
I also have a 19 and I called the help # on manual, they told me that their "tech" thought it went there too, but wasnt sure, and recommended contacting a Yamaha dealer. I called Redding Yamaha. The parts guy is very knowledgeable on function but not install, he connected be with service. Service lady flat out said she could not let me speak with a mech, I had to leave a number and if the mech felt like it, he might call me. I went in to Red Bluff Yamaha and talked to their top mech, he said he'd never installed one, but was pretty sure it had to hook to diagnostics port in battery compartment. He did say to call the help # again and ask them again. If they couldn't help, he'd figure it out.
I also did web searches for hours and closest thing I found was a youtube video on installing it in a 19 wolverine..
Typed in "Magellan " for search on this forum and this thread was 2nd one to pop up.
Thank you for the info.
Glad to help!

The reason it's hard to talk to an actual mechanic is they make no hourly pay. ZERO. They only make the billable hours of a completed task. I've seen a tech work all week and only bill 10 hours. Service managers are paid hourly/salary and are expected to handle questions and keep the techs wrenching. None of us know anything about something like a GPS until we actually do one and figure it out. I installed mine and know how to now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Anyone know how to get the <record> icon off the screen.
Stupid thing takes up some of the screen.

Also, the 3D 2D statalite upgrade is amazing and worth it.
$29.00 a year through Magellan.
Without it, the Adventure Pro is a let down.

Amazing seeing yourself pull into your driveway and see your RV parked on the screen.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm still wondering how to get the voltage to show on the screen.
Voltage isn't supported on the YXZ. Maybe someone can figure out a way to make it work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's what I had hoped.
Thank you for the info.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my gps for my yxz also the Magellan and cant get it to work properly...could you post pictures of how yours is wired up please.
I've wired every i can think of and its not reading any of the engine functions.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just got my gps for my yxz also the Magellan and cant get it to work properly...could you post pictures of how yours is wired up please.
I've wired every i can think of and its not reading any of the engine functions.
I have seen a customer do everything correctly, and the cradle from Magellan by defective. Magellan sent a replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have seen a customer do everything correctly, and the cradle from Magellan by defective. Magellan sent a replacement.
[/QUOTE
I checked the the connections and have the harness plugged up into the tunnel connection then from there i plug in the gps into the 1st split other connectors into the power distribution block...i then get an err and have to remove the gps connection for it to go away...so I'm guessing i might have a bad cradle...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will post pics as soon as I get it back from Red Bluff Yamaha.....they're installing the GYTR Turbo I made them give me a deal on when j bought the car.
It will be about a week though.....my mech said it's around a 25 hour install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I I extended the cable that came with the system. All the engine functions work fine except the voltage. I have figured how to make it work. But it's not necessary, since I have the one on the dash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts