Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy used his three times on my virgin ride on a friends rzr. Poor guy got three flats with loss of bead in the same trip, his tank had us online in seconds. I'm sold.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a psi thing. It holds liquid which is better than gas. Check out their site for the FAQ. It beats nitrogen and air. When I saw it in action I was very impressed. Filled is between 800 and 1000 psi but again that's not relevant. It runs air tools too!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not a psi thing. It holds liquid which is better than gas. Check out their site for the FAQ. It beats nitrogen and air. When I saw it in action I was very impressed. Filled is between 800 and 1000 psi but again that's not relevant. It runs air tools too!
I thought they held CO2?

·
Registered
831 Posts
It holds liquid CO2 (as compared to merely compressed CO2). It is a significant difference for the intended purpose. It is also "safer" than compressed gas because the effective pressure of the liquid doesn't come into play until after it "sublimates" into a gas. Maybe "sublimates" isn't quite the correct term.

Too freakin' cool. https://www.expeditionexchange.com/powertank/FAQ.php

$390 for the system. About $15 to fill at your local welding supply shop.

This thing could really salvage a ride day.

Does Pressure Drop As The Power Cylinder Depletes?

The outlet pressure is adjustable at the SuperFlow regulator from 0 to more than 200 psi constant pressure. Unlike with air tanks, the outlet pressure of the Power Tank does not drop as the Power Cylinder depletes with use. So long as there is liquefied CO2 in the Power Cylinder, the output pressure will remain at your desired setting.

·
Registered
264 Posts
yes CO2. liquid in bottle that comes out as gas. Bottles last a long time and can run constant 150 psi, or whatever you regulate it to. Best air option.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The gauges are virtually worthless on any Co2 system, I will probably put plugs in mine to eliminate knocking them off accidentally, then I may pull the handle/guage guard off as well..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Co2 under pressure is liquid, allow it to hit atmospheric pressure, (let it out of the tank) and it expands greatly into a gas.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got a set of the Seizmic pursuit mirrors in yesterday. Top quality and great looking. Down side? VERY heavy and no matter how hard I tried I could not get them mount to the car. They have a three position detent that the mirror drops into to hold in place until struck, then it simply jumps the detent and folds. Two of the three detents are deep and hold really well, there is a middle position detent that is barely a detent at all and unfortunately this is the detent that our roll bar angle wants to have the mirror mounted to to be level and not stick up. After messing with it and swapping sides I mounted in the 'soft' detent and took it our for a ride, no go, it jumped the detent with very little vibration. Sending back and looking for alternatives now.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...uit mirrors&qid=1444320520&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Got a set of the Seizmic pursuit mirrors in yesterday. Top quality and great looking. Down side? VERY heavy and no matter how hard I tried I could not get them mount to the car. They have a three position detent that the mirror drops into to hold in place until struck, then it simply jumps the detent and folds. Two of the three detents are deep and hold really well, there is a middle position detent that is barely a detent at all and unfortunately this is the detent that our roll bar angle wants to have the mirror mounted to to be level and not stick up. After messing with it and swapping sides I mounted in the 'soft' detent and took it our for a ride, no go, it jumped the detent with very little vibration. Sending back and looking for alternatives now.
Amazon.com: Pursuit Side View Mirrors Fits all UTVs with 1.75" roll cage tubes Seizmik 18071: Automotive
Good to know. I'll look elsewhere! :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In an attempt to knock down some tunnel heat I took some advice from here and bought some sound/heat proofing foil. Nice stuff and very sticky. The foam that comes stock has already melted and sagged off on both sides. I took it off, lined the tunnel and then glued it on top of new foil. Kinda patch work where as the panels have a bunch of compound curves. I just used up the odd pieces from the bigger cuts. Haven't tested it yet but its a start.

View attachment 1763

View attachment 1764

View attachment 1765

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Door latch issues;
Lost both bolts on drivers side last weekend, fortunately they can't go anywhere and get trapped between skin and door. Took them all out and applied blue Loctite. Bolts are just aft of green piece on rod. I suggest everybody at least check theirs, the passenger side was backed out too.

View attachment 1766

1 - 20 of 58 Posts