Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, and Thank you for your help.
Very much Newbie here, Hope to learn fast.

Question:
What is the difference between buying side mirrors or one in the center?
Or do folks run all three?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I run with 2 mirrors. The one in the middle is all i really use when driving. The second one in mounted on the passenger side. That mirror is for the passenger!! This way we each get a mirror and we can each monitor what/who is behind.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I run 3 myself. Exterior mirrors are required to be street legal in many places. And I like the added situational awareness.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I only run two side mirrors, bought kolpin mirrors on amazon, didn't want anything in my front line of sight when driving in dunes and in hills. I like and use my side mirrors constantly, also they make it possible for me to back it into my toy hauler easy.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I only run two side mirrors, bought kolpin mirrors on amazon, didn't want anything in my front line of sight when driving in dunes and in hills. I like and use my side mirrors constantly, also they make it possible for me to back it into my toy hauler easy.
Plus i didn't want to buy expensive mirrors cause they do tend to hit trees at times

·
Registered
831 Posts
I run four. One center-left and a side for me. One center-right and a side for my wife. It keeps her "in the game."

·
Vendor
975 Posts
Typically we run just the 1 large rear view mirror.. however the side mirrors really come in handy for backing up vs the rear view.

More visibility never hurt =]

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
I have one 9" center and a side currently but I've found the side mirror is not that useful 90% of the time. I'll go to a 17" and ditches the side before the season starts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just have two outside mirrors. A center mirror would only be good to see if my spare tire is still there:playful::playful:
I have the seizmic fold up mirrors, I've hit them on multiple trees and they just pop right back. The company states they are guaranteed for life, if you break em they will replace them....have yet to test this out.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have two side mirrors, Seizmik Pursuit. Just wish I could find some without being convex, will be getting a center one as well.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I run and race with just the rear view mirror. A side mirror would've been torn off long ago!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I run 3 mirrors, Seizmik Pursuit UTV side view mirrors very adjustable, and a simple rear view mirror.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
These machines are blind in the rear. 3 mirrors are the better way to have a chance to see. I like the outside rears to monitor rock and cliffs and where my tires are. the inside center mount is a great quick look at what is behind me

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
did your roll bar mirror mounts interfere with closing the windshield all the way.? I had to send mine back as I couldn't close the shield

1 - 20 of 27 Posts