Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd show some picture of my modified stock roll cage, incase others are looking to do the same.

Used 1.75 inch tubing .109 inside diameter.
Will update pictures once I get a roof put on and have it all powder coated. Feel free at ask any questions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Figured I'd show some picture of my modified stock roll cage, incase others are looking to do the same. View attachment 115947 View attachment 115948 View attachment 115949

Used 1.75 inch tubing .109 inside diameter.
Will update pictures once I get a roof put on and have it all powder coated. Feel free at ask any questions.
The only thing that I can see might be an issue is that the front of the roof might be low enough tht it'll sometimes make you could wish you could lean front to see further up the hill or dune. I have a modified stock cage also and that is my biggest problem with it!

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing that I can see might be an issue is that the front of the roof might be low enough tht it'll sometimes make you could wish you could lean front to see further up the hill or dune. I have a modified stock cage also and that is my biggest problem with it!

I definitely agree with you on that, but I am not a tall person at all 5 "7 if you're 5"9 or taller it would be a problem for sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I definitely agree with you on that, but I am not a tall person at all 5 "7 if you're 5"9 or taller it would be a problem for sure.
You should be fine then,I'm 6' so would definitely make a difference,otherwise very macho looking cage build!!

·
Registered
2020 SS SE
10 Posts
Looks good. My only comment is that the rear intrusion bar should be pointing the other way. It should be /\ instead of \/. This would better distribute the downward forces across the harness bar in a rollover. Some more corner gussets would help too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts