Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the issues with my motor I have decided to rebuild, mostly stock with 2019 rods and pistons. It will be a NA build but would like it to be ready for low boost, possibly in the distant future. I do not want to run race fuel so I will probably be staying with the stock compression.
I am looking for suggestions on anything different I should do other than the stock parts in my rebuild. I'm trying to keep it on a budget as much as possible but dont want to skimp on anything that might be a weak link if I ever decide to add any forced induction.
Are the stock headbolts (new) good enough or should I go for an ARP head bolt kit?
Probably sticking with stock cams, would it be wise to upgrade valve springs, seals or anything else on the head?
Any tips or suggestions to make this a good solid reliable motor are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
If you plan on boost for sure, I'd splurge on a set of shimless buckets. A set of Carrillo turbo pistons would be nice insurance too but decrease your compression non boosted, and set you back 6 or 700 bucks. All the upgrades you mentioned are great additions for boost. In a spring kit don't get the Ti retainers, they ware out to fast, get the molly ones. You know how it goes, the more you spend, the better it gets, just how crazy do you want to get???

·
Registered
74 Posts
i would get on facebook and find Casey Hauck on the YXZ pages and talk with him. he has given me a ton of good info and will be doing my motor when the time comes (im thinking summer of 22)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts