Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out: The American V4 | Motus

Very interesting. I know they did this in a Poo Poo, but what an awesome engine swap this might be! Imagine it boosted!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had seen that video, but did not realize it was the Motus engine conversion in the Poo.
Stock YXZ motor with the 50-shot?

·
Registered
473 Posts
can't believe the motor will take the 50 shot. i need a kit!!!! you were flat out for quite a while in the video. a popo would have blown for sure

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can't believe the motor will take the 50 shot. i need a kit!!!! you were flat out for quite a while in the video. a popo would have blown for sure
The low boost turbo kit at 5-6 psi is still putting down more HP than the 50 shot. Is NOS generally riskier than boost?

·
Registered
473 Posts
riskier only if done incorrectly. not sure the mpi kit puts down more than a 50 shot plus tune/exhaust. considerably less money too.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hey Nate:

The NOS kit has been gone from your site for some time -- Any plans to re-introduce it ??

I also see the price removed from your cams -- Just curious ......... :)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hey Nate:

The NOS kit has been gone from your site for some time -- Any plans to re-introduce it ??

I also see the price removed from your cams -- Just curious ......... :)
Nitrous Systems – Straightline Performance Inc.

We decided to send inquiries directly to the manufacturer. Honestly, I didnt want to deal with the tech support. lol.

Cam pricing is removed because of availability. We are having a hard time keeping up. Sorry.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been thinking about this engine swap for a long time now. I really hope someone slaps a v4 in the yxz. if they make a kit I will be the first to try it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Scottdmax, sounds really sweet, I wonder how the rubber bands are holding up. About 5 years back I taken test ride in an Excalibur with Ecotec motor, great suspension super fast. They had a racing team, hard time winning races could not get belts to hold up. Love that Poo motor with shifter. ghosthunter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been thinking about this engine swap for a long time now. I really hope someone slaps a v4 in the yxz. if they make a kit I will be the first to try it.
I have a Waverunner VXR with a 1800cc 180HP motor normally aspirated that I was thinking of doing a swap. It would need an electric water pump and possibly an exhaust. Massive low end power and it redlines 8600rpm's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts