Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the MPI kits are shipping out according to some Facebook Chatter. I sure hope we get some members to post lots of install pics and reviews of the performance. I think this will be the kit I want to do.

I am really struggling with going with either a N/A setup with a pipe and tuner (maybe cams) or just boost the damn thing. My #1 priority is that Drivability is maintained throughout the powerband. I have to be able to trail ride and then tear up the dunes!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
That's exactly how I feel , undecided what to do! Thing is fast right now. Turbo might make it wild for the trails!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly how I feel , undecided what to do! Thing is fast right now. Turbo might make it wild for the trails!
I know!! It could be too much.........that can happen. I know a pipe and tune would be more than enough for me. It would be reliable also. But for a few coins more, I could just add BOOST!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I know!! It could be too much.........that can happen. I know a pipe and tune would be more than enough for me. It would be reliable also. But for a few coins more, I could just add BOOST!
Yes that is what I was thinking , it's not that much more $$ and I could have a turbo!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I am wrestling with the same issue, NA vs Turbo. However, I want a LT kit first. The ride quality is the more important to get dailed in first for me, then I can after more hp.
So I will most likely add a pipe/tuner/reflash for this season. Then when Im ready for more hp I can add the turbo.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I am wrestling with the same issue, NA vs Turbo. However, I want a LT kit first. The ride quality is the more important to get dailed in first for me, then I can after more hp.
So I will most likely add a pipe/tuner/reflash for this season. Then when Im ready for more hp I can add the turbo.
I think you will find that the suspension breaks-in well. I was thinking of a re-valve myself -- but now after 500 miles not so much. It glides over
rocks and wash-outs, etc! Save the coin for other performance mods IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts