Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the "common folks" have yet to be allowed a purchase one of these units (to date, that I've seen, but they're sure take your deposit) ... why isn't any dealers, racers, or vendors lining them ?

I mean I'm thankful we're getting dyno's and misc videos here and there from Weller and Alba and so forth.

But the first dealership who posts a fair video with stock vs stock line up / drag race would get TONS of views and publicity.

So why are they not doing it?

1) Yamaha gag order

or

2) It must not stack up very well.

or

3) _______ ?????

Something smells fishy ... you can't tell me out of all the dealers that now have them they don't have an extra rzr sitting around to line 'em up against ?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I think you will see something in the next week or 2. Dealers most likely wont video this if the did it, but a fab shop will. But many local shops are busy getting the cars ready for the sand show, so this is low on their priority

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you will see something in the next week or 2. Dealers most likely wont video this if the did it, but a fab shop will. But many local shops are busy getting the cars ready for the sand show, so this is low on their priority
Busy isn't really an excuse IMO.

It takes about 15 seconds to video 400 feet with cell phone.

·
Vendor
383 Posts
Well let me take a minute and say this....

We are common folk, and got ZERO special treatment from anyone. We found a unit for sale and bought it! nothing has been given to us, nothing has been in cahoots with Yamaha. Everything we at Alba Racing are doing is on our own to try and provide products to you the consumer as quickly as possible, and yes it did cost us a lot!

So, why haven't WE lined up 2 cars and raced them... well:

#1. Try racing 2 UTV's down the road in San Diego and see how quickly they are both impounded.
#2. We do not have a stock RZR or Maverick here at the shop... everything I have here has MUCH more HP than stock, and that would clearly not be fair...
#3. We leave for the Sand Sports Show with this car in less than 48 hours... we are doing all we can just to get the car ready for the show.
#4. It is several hours to the closest place that we could legally make some good pulls, and as #3 said... no time.
#5. Dealers will not turn a new unit into a demo unit just to race against another car. That would cost them money, and most dealer like all the money they can get, lol!

Hope that helps... and its back to the shop for me!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
32 Posts

We are common folk, and got ZERO special treatment from anyone. We found a unit for sale and bought it! nothing has been given to us, nothing has been in cahoots with Yamaha. Everything we at Alba Racing are doing is on our own to try and provide products to you the consumer as quickly as possible, and yes it did cost us a lot!

#1. Try racing 2 UTV's down the road in San Diego and see how quickly they are both impounded.
#2. We do not have a stock RZR or Maverick here at the shop... everything I have here has MUCH more HP than stock, and that would clearly not be fair...
#3. We leave for the Sand Sports Show with this car in less than 48 hours... we are doing all we can just to get the car ready for the show.
#4. It is several hours to the closest place that we could legally make some good pulls, and as #3 said... no time.
#5. Dealers will not turn a new unit into a demo unit just to race against another car. That would cost them money, and most dealer like all the money they can get, lol!

Nate
Alba Racing
Yea Nate needs to focus on squeezing the most HP out of this machine, and ultimately offering us PARTS! You guys leave him alone...

Seriously tho, patience young grasshopper... If I saw a brand new YXZ out of the crate racing another brand new RZR out of the crate from a dealer on Youtube, I would make sure I didn't get either one of those two units...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Busy isn't really an excuse IMO.

It takes about 15 seconds to video 400 feet with cell phone.
And then what? It starts all kinds of other speculation as to fairness, or why only one run. It would be out of control. Your just going to have to be patient or go buy your own and make the video yourself. Then there will be no disputing it to yourself. I am not trying start an argument. I am merely saying you need to patient.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Pretty much what Albanate said!

#1. Nowhere close to race them
#2. No bone stock stuff here to even line up
#3. We are busting a$$ to get everything on this unit done for SSSS and our AZ show the following weekend, and every minute counts.

Now that they are hitting dealer floors, I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer......

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Nate
Alba Racing
Thanks Nate for taking time to respond. I wasn't calling you out ... and sincerely appreciate your dyno's and videos.

You guys are one the best, very honest and reputable shop, straight shooters, NO BS, always have been.

THANKS for everything you do !!!

·
Registered
589 Posts

#3. We are busting a$$ to get everything on this unit done for SSSS and our AZ show the following weekend, and every minute counts.

Now that they are hitting dealer floors, I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer......
I love watching your races. Those SR-1's are so cool. Keep those video's coming :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And then what? It starts all kinds of other speculation as to fairness, or why only one run. It would be out of control. Your just going to have to be patient or go buy your own and make the video yourself. Then there will be no disputing it to yourself. I am not trying start an argument. I am merely saying you need to patient.
I understand. I can't buy one if I wanted too, there's none available. LOL And to be honest, I've got to see more REAL WORLD action before I'd buy.

I just know when turbo rzr was released, it took maybe a few days before all types of youtube videos started showing up... some favorable, some not so much.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Since the "common folks" have yet to be allowed a purchase one of these units (to date, that I've seen, but they're sure take your deposit) ... why isn't any dealers, racers, or vendors lining them ?

I mean I'm thankful we're getting dyno's and misc videos here and there from Weller and Alba and so forth.

But the first dealership who posts a fair video with stock vs stock line up / drag race would get TONS of views and publicity.

So why are they not doing it?

1) Yamaha gag order

or

2) It must not stack up very well.

or

3) _______ ?????

Something smells fishy ... you can't tell me out of all the dealers that now have them they don't have an extra rzr sitting around to line 'em up against ?
Negative Nancy...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks Corry, same as Alba, I wasn't trying to call you guys out in my original post. Thanks for reply !!

Reactions: 450grl

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah that would be great to drag race new sxs's from a dealer n post vids ! That would be great for customers to see that a dealer beats the shit out of brand new machines that the customer may buy! Insurance's would also like to see that too! Real good thinking! I am dying to see too how these YXZ's will do too. But that would be real stupid for a dealer to do that. Think about it. I cant wait for it to come so that all this crying n whining will stop.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks Nate for taking time to respond. I wasn't calling you out ... and sincerely appreciate your dyno's and videos.

You guys are one the best, very honest and reputable shop, straight shooters, NO BS, always have been.

THANKS for everything you do !!!
Then who r u trying to call out then?

·
Registered
20 Posts

Nate
Alba Racing
^^^^ This should be number #1. Are you going to pay full pop for the YXZ that gets beat on to make some youtube vids?!?! Plus I think a properly broken in engine would compare better. The YXZ engine will be tight for the first couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As a biz owner, your response is more that I would of given....kuddos to you Nate...and thanks for taking the time to post your video's & Dyno results on your birtday no less!!! Keep up the good work and see you at the Sand Show!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
677 Posts

Nate
Alba Racing
Well said Nate!

1 - 20 of 183 Posts