Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty impressed coming from a rzr 900xp. Waiting until december for a blue one but I wish it would have came with a 6 speed that had a granny low first gear. Going to be tough creeping through the tight stuff compared to a RZR in low range.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the forum Toozi

Thanks for sharing the video :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Minus 2-points for not cleaning your lens on a drizzly day.

Minus 4-points for not ignoring the salesman and doing some rogue off-road.

That gear box sounds like magic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The owner of the dealership was driving it so no rogue anything lol. Had to keep it off the dirt unless I was buying it but I'm waiting for a blue one. Might sell the sled and just get tracks for the YXZ when it comes in in Dec! You can get it to hit 79 but it quickly drops to 78 mph... Removing the 9500 rpm 5th gear limiter should get it around 86 mph. I wish that the YXZ would have been a 6 speed with a granny low that would only be used for crawling, mud, etc and for normal trail riding and racing you would just start out in 2nd. First gear is a bit high for some of the riding we do in MI but it is doable (especially with the rekluse), just have to do it faster... Turner and I'm sure others will have a lower first and possibly second gear soon I'm sure. Oh and I was a bit too excited to even think about wiping off the lens lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts