Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to use the Sancraft sand tires I bought right when Covid-19 hit. Here are the details: Car is a 2019 SS ES with a graves full exhaust and tune, and a Alba intake spacer. Tires and wheels are: Fronts wheels Method non beadlock 7X15 with a 5X2 offset. Front tires Scandcraft 31X10X15 Mohawks. Rear wheels Method non beadlock 10X15 with 5X5 0ffset. Rear tires 31X11X15 9 paddle.
I went to Pismo for 4 days sand was rough and soft. My take was they preformed very well on a non turbo car. I would not put these on a completely stock car as they might be too big. I was worried about them being too big for my car, but when I drag raced my son-in-law with his 2016 same mods except a Sparks full exhaust on skat 26X12.50X14s 8 paddles we were dead even and I have about 75 pounds on him. The car rolled over the rough stuff very well with the large tires and I was able to RPM well. The car didn't feel under powered with these tires and I was able to pull some steep hills of very soft drift sand without the car lugging down too much. Remember this is Pismo not Glams so the hills are not huge, but the sand was very soft as they had a lot of wind for about a week before we got their. I was told that the roll out on these tires is closer to 30" than 31" but I didn't measure them.
I would recommend these tires and maybe lighter wheels for any 2019+ car with a tune and full exhaust. These are the smallest sand tires with the fewest paddles Sancraft makes. They look like a quality tire.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts