Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE IT! I LOVE ! I LOVE IT! If you are a driver and like high speed driving, you will be in love. It is a beast. It is not a rock crawler but for you mud guys, put a recluse in it and it will mud just fine. It won't be the best crawler but with the recluse, it will hang with or beat any other stock sxs and when you need wheel speed in the mud just hit the gas and it is going to pull.
The suspension is awesome!!! I don't understand why anybody has complained unless mine is just blessed. You may feel smaller bumps but there was NOTHING that was harsh or violent. You can feel terrain under but you just glide over it. It is not harsh, it is connected. For those worried about there back I don't see a problem.
I stalled it quite a few times but it never bothered me in the least bc the smile you have while driving cannot be removed. If this bothers you then recluse. I personally do not want it bc I LOVE LOVE LOVE the raw race car feel of it. It makes a few funny noises but that is expected and will be forgotten once you get used to the machine.
The transmission shifts fast and smooth and takes no effort. You can shift mid drift with no chassis disruptance. The motor is torque and I spent most of the day ripping up all of my trails in 2wd. It has been raining for two days and everything is super slick and I have not had so much fun in my life. ( rainy and miserable is some of my favorite riding times,) I wouldn't trade this machine for anything.
If your idea of a drive has a beer in one hand and cruising around, you may want to look elsewhere. If you like DRIVING and your passengers are typically nervous and death gripped on the oh crap bar, You will be in heaven.
Feel free to ask any questions

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When coming into a corner a little too hot, (2wd anyway) just downshift to start the rear sliding and then hit the gas and she just powers through it (instead of pushing straight into the trees)
I wanted to try to keep it clean for at least a day but that wasn't happening
Only problem I am going to have with this machine is tire wear, it's a personal problem. There is nothing better on this planet than raping tires.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything from the drivers seat has that "I can't beleive this came with a warranty" race car feal to it. It may look big and wide from the outside but from the drivers seat it feels tiny and nimble. You can see everything. I have ZERO suspension complaints. I asked everybody that rode with me if they thought it was too stiff at all and got nothing but dumbfounded looks. Everybody said that they had no idea why someone would complain. Nobody that rode with me was ready for what they were going to experience on my tight wood trails. :) (basically hunting roads) this thing is a rocket. It was wet and slippery, and in 2wd no other vehicle, short of another yxz, could hang with me. No dirt bike or atv. I could write for hours about this thing but words just don't do it justice.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven't made it to durhamtown yet. I got it home yesterday. This was in my back yard. I have a decent amount of land to play on. I plan to hit Sunnyside atv paradise this weekend.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ohhhh. your pretty close :D I usually go to CAW in SC and last weekend was up to Outback in NC. Want to try out Sunnyside and Durhamtown at some point. Durhamtown seemed more dirtbike/sport ATV oriented with tracks instead of a lot of trails but plan to try it out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ohhhh. your pretty close :D I usually go to CAW in SC and last weekend was up to Outback in NC. Want to try out Sunnyside and Durhamtown at some point. Durhamtown seemed more dirtbike/sport ATV oriented with tracks instead of a lot of trails but plan to try it out.
Durhamtown has it all, tons of everything, they also have a track called the mini dp that is made for sxs's, very sweet course

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sunnyside is 20 minutes away so I will definitely be riding there. I was told there is a mx track there so I plan to check that out this weekend. Durhamtown is on the list and I need to figure out any other riding areas somewhat close. Those are the main two that I know of so please chime in if you know of riding areas in the southeast. I am in the augusta area.
I need to look up CAW in Sc and outback (thank you deeyoh)
It will be hard to not have fun ANYWHERE you take this thing to ride. It takes driving skill but you can manipulate this thing in the woods (high speed) in ways that automatics never dreamed of. It is going to be MEAN in hare scrambles. You use the tranny like a sport quad. Downshifting to set up turns. Etc. I haven't played in 4wd too much yet bc 2wd is just too much fun. This thing slides and drifts like a rally car. Very predictable, very stable.
Everything about the yxz is better in person. You can't judge it without driving it. I wanted to try and keep it clean but after this first time I ran it through the gears, all self control went out the window and I have completely ripped up all my roads. Slow speed or fast, there was never anything harsh. I haven't jumped it too much but it feels to me that it's attitude in the air is going to be like a dirtbike or sport quad, gear selection and throttle control is the key to landing flat. If you cut throttle at the top of a jump instead of following thru, it will nose dive more than a rzr bc it has more compression braking. The same on a sport quad or dirt bike.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Immediately when I first started driving it i stopped to do two things, change out of my boots to my shoes and grabbed my helmet for my goggles so I could see. I couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts