Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg

Stopped in today to check it out, had a short ride, mainly wanted to see if it can lug and crawl. It can. Cab is comfy, lots of room, nice short stroke on the clutch, took a moment to figure out the reverse, at first I was using it to try to tilt the steering wheel lol, looks good, very nice doors, love the bead locks. The yard was tight and it walked through everything just fine without stumbling, backing up is easy to through a few tight spots too, controllable. Pleasantly surprised with it, I feared a much taller first gear. Accessories are a month or two away, turbo in the new year apparently, this is the first one in until March next year. Down side? Price. I don't own any Yamaha and whenever I've tried I usually get a poor offer and buy from other shops I'm already established with. Price on just the SE is pretty much bang on what I paid for my xds max before accessories. I told them I'll let them know tomorrow. Odds are in the spring I still won't see a change in price. Doubtful there will be a surplus, there's a list already and I'm #1 right now. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Go for it! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thoughts on what? Are you considering postponing the purchase?
Pretty much. If I wait, will it get cheaper, will that be months or years lol. I have one waiting now, if I pass, will I even see one next year...... Pretty sure supply won't match demand. FYI it's over 30k cdn taxes in, a lot compared to buying my turbo, pros and cons fur sure here. It feels way lighter than 1500lbs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pretty much. If I wait, will it get cheaper, will that be months or years lol. I have one waiting now, if I pass, will I even see one next year...... Pretty sure supply won't match demand. FYI it's over 30k cdn taxes in, a lot compared to buying my turbo, pros and cons fur sure here. It feels way lighter than 1500lbs.
Well here's a few thoughts. If you wait they cost less. Wait to long and you likely won't get the yellow SE new from Cramer. I do think supply will catch up with demand next spring.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well if it was me n I was 1st on the list n it came in n another one will be in march wow that's a long ways out. I would get it but that's me. I am sure that if u do not take it, It will be gone fast, Talk about pressure! They agreed to hold it for u till tomorrow? If so yes it would be good to sleep on it. When u wake up tomorrow maybe u will know for sure. But if u want it u better jump on it, U really seemed to like it after u drove it so that's is a big plus to me. All I can say is good luck! Let us know what u do. Oh by the way if u get it CONGRATS!!! N have a blast with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just remember not to think logically when considering the purchase of expensive toy's. If you do you won't wind up with any cool toys!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep up in Canada eh. Lol. Just spent a few minutes reading the OTD thread in purchasing, once through all the childish tantrum crap I see I'm in the higher end of the price spectrum, which is around 23,450 usd 12% tax included. I guess that's comparable.....the only thing worse than a big exchange, is still seeing a 20% higher cost when the cdn dollar is Fkn par with the usd. I think I'll be buying the se tomorrow and ordering some accessories. I haven't had time for anything but work, maybe it's worth a few bucks to them if it sits around a few more weeks for viewing...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts