Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
We typically trailer 3-4 hours to ride. We also do the AirBnB thing and make a long weekend out of it with a few other SXS's. There is no real place to ride around us except for private land, so we travel. Even when we rode 4 wheelers we traveled to get anywhere worth riding. I agree that the trailer is just kind of part of the off road experience. Also if your off road vehicle brakes down, a trailer is a good thing to have to get it home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure where you live or how much room but trailing with my big tex and yxz 1000 is easy. Also can use the big tex for dump runs moving furniture or what ever. Jawbone canyon is 6 hrs topaz is 3.5 hrs with hotel . you can also go to white pines or pi pi up highway 88 for a day trip all these are great areas I choose my Yamaha for reliability and years of engineering very happy with it I also ride dirt bikes.

·
Registered
2021 SS SE
51 Posts
First off, thanks to everyone who has responded to my many questions. It is very much appreciated. I would be totally lost without your help.
My first issue is buying used compared to new. I can buy a new one, but spending less has advantages too.
Second, I will have to trailer about 1 1/2 hours each way to the OHV park. I'm not a big fan of trailering anything (including my boat). In fact, I raced mx for 15 years and never bought a trailer. Anyhow, I am concerned that I will get tired of the drive.
At any rate, there is my issue(s). Thanks again for the many responses to my many questions.
I live in FL and my machine is in Utah. I fly out for two weeks twice yearly. Yes the trip is long but well worth it. You may likely find yourself making even longer trips to do more exploring.

·
Registered
284 Posts
St Anthony Dunes in August for Sand Outlaws 🤙🏼 @YXZMonster
Glamis 🤘🏼🔥 Dunes never disappoint.
Dumont is cool, dunes and trails if you take both tires
Pismo Beach Oceano Dunes
Sand Hallow is Badass 🤘🏼🔥🤘🏼🔥 you get dunes, rocks and desert
Trailering is part of the experience! You get to experience different terrains different worlds. Plus if you break down you're not stranded with no way home 😆.

I'm blessed to be able to ride out from my house, but only do so when I get the itch, quick 20-40 miles out or more on any given weekend. But even local, I've had a breakdown (bad ground) and it's a shit out of luck moment having someone to come get you (with a trailer 😉).... I'll be sure to leave my truck and trailer ready so anybody can swing by my place and come get me.

I now find myself traveling more to ride.

Trailer to the trail head and ride out. Small single axle aluminum trailer you can pull with a crossover or car or truck rack system...
Toy Haulers just make it much greater to visit further destinations.

Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Cloud Sky Flag Flag of the united states Motor vehicle
Cloud Sky Mirror Plant Slope

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Helmet Vehicle Sky Automotive mirror Window

·
Registered
284 Posts
OHV parks can be crowded or boring at times if they are small loop systems or major holidays, but you can expect larger OHV areas and trails to be groomed nicely and usually the safety of rangers every so often or other riders to make friends is always cool.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,146 Posts
Did the OP ever buy a SXS? He's been on here talking about it for a awfully long time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
@leadmic he's just doing A LOT of homework. I know I did, I was new entirely to the sxs. Hell, I did with my house, my diesel truck, my flywheel and Skats lol....

I almost bought 2018 3 pedal Weller turbo car, all the bells and whistles, wheels and tires for Sand and dirt...for $22k. It would have been a great deal, easily $10k+ in goodies.

Except the wife wanted New New.. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I mean it's a great deal considering everything they've changed.... So that's what I ended up with.

Looking back, if I had to do it again. I would get one of these YXZs I see go for $10k or less online, send the motor to get built for high compression wot likely, give it the AVID treatment and call it a day.

😛 I'm still leaning towards AVID 64 treatment 🥵 now 💰

They are really simple machines. Entrust that even used they are easily repairable and upgradeable. I'm on my second motor with this YXZ.... Glad I was still in full warranty period, and I did get extended warranty. First motor was a fluke at 700 miles.... Since the new motor in now at 1400 miles on the chassis, feels great. Boost Soon.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

21 - 27 of 27 Posts