Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Would someone be kind enough to give me a measurement. I traded in my RZR.

I need a measurement from the rear of the rear tire to the front tire center hub.

Reason is, I have a Marathon sled deck and I want to make sure she fits. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I do not have one but if I had to guess I would say 90.6" (wheelbase) + 13.5" (half of diameter of tire) so roughly 101" or just under 8.5' .

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey guys! Would someone be kind enough to give me a measurement. I traded in my RZR.

I need a measurement from the rear of the rear tire to the front tire center hub.

Reason is, I have a Marathon sled deck and I want to make sure she fits. Thanks guys.
106"

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Automotive wheel system Tape measure Wall Ruler Tool

·
Registered
404 Posts
I once bought a trailer that was 3" too small and I was screwed. Good to help someone avoid that drama.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just a tip, all 4 times I've loaded my YXZ on my trailer I've stalled it. My trailer (just bought with the yxz) kinda has a SXS version of a dovetail which sits between 8"-12" off the ground depending on where I parked. I'm not sure if it's the gap from the ground (vertical climb) or the slow speed climb onto a trailer. I have yet to try it in reverse up the ramps and I'm not sure if reverse is a lower gear then first (like cars and trucks) but I assume so, so it should be better. With my experience with a short trailer I would imagine loading it Up the steep ramps on top of a truck bed would be difficult with the clutch and tall first gear.
I considered buying a similar truck bed cover but being my truck has a 6 inch lift I figured it would be best just to get a trailer.
And the fact that just loading my sportsman into the bed I had flipped it once. :eek:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just a tip, all 4 times I've loaded my YXZ on my trailer I've stalled it. My trailer (just bought with the yxz) kinda has a SXS version of a dovetail which sits between 8"-12" off the ground depending on where I parked. I'm not sure if it's the gap from the ground (vertical climb) or the slow speed climb onto a trailer. I have yet to try it in reverse up the ramps and I'm not sure if reverse is a lower gear then first (like cars and trucks) but I assume so, so it should be better. With my experience with a short trailer I would imagine loading it Up the steep ramps on top of a truck bed would be difficult with the clutch and tall first gear.
I considered buying a similar truck bed cover but being my truck has a 6 inch lift I figured it would be best just to get a trailer.
And the fact that just loading my sportsman into the bed I had flipped it once. :eek:
Oh shoot, now you tell me lol. Hope you didn't cause too much damage. Unfortunately, there is no turning back for me. I just sold my trailer with the RZR.

Several months ago I got pulled over by the California Highway. He asked me where I came from and where I was going with the RZR, after half an hour talking about the RZR he let me go with a warning. Phew, was I lucky. So from then on, no more trailers for me lol.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
705 Posts
Pony - up for the Recluse clutch and trailer loading will be a breeze.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts