Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2019 SS, I spent about 70 miles breaking it in easy, starting to ramp it up a bit, short WOT bursts and I'm having an issue with the 1-2 shift, seem like when it's in dirt and the tires are spinning it will hang in the gear, happened on the 2-3 as well when the rpm's were quickly climbing (spinning in the dirt). Anyone else run into this?

Thanks, Tyler

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just picked up a 2019 SS, I spent about 70 miles breaking it in easy, starting to ramp it up a bit, short WOT bursts and I'm having an issue with the 1-2 shift, seem like when it's in dirt and the tires are spinning it will hang in the gear, happened on the 2-3 as well when the rpm's were quickly climbing (spinning in the dirt). Anyone else run into this?

Thanks, Tyler

View attachment 114663
I would drive it for a bit and learn the personality of the shifting. Break it in a bit more.
Your warranty should cover any issues in the near future.

I will give you one of the things I do -
Try pulling the paddle or upshifting a bit slower.
Pulling the shifter a bit more gradually seems to help my car shift cleaner.
Not sure if it is allowing the ignition to slow things down or it's all in my head.

But it helps (my) car shift better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would get the dealer involved. I can, and do, bang on the paddles. Just quick flips, and it shifts perfect. The only issues I had, was when I was learning the car. I would try to down shift to high in the RPM and the car wouldn't let me, or sometimes under high rpm, and not on the skinny pedal, it wouldn't upshift. Like there was to much load on it. I haven't had any issues for a while, now that it taught me how to drive!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
91 miles on it, went out today and it seemed ok, changed the trans oil too, filter screen looks pretty good for the break in change from what I can tell. 3/4 of the stuff seemed to be clutch material, 1/4 metal.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First of all, that is a damn good looking ride you got there!
I would also say, drive it for while, and see how things go. I haven’t experienced what you described.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts