Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been working hard on getting these kits ready to hit the streets - first kits are going out right now, but for those of you on the fence, here is our gallery of install pics that is on our website! 6psi showed 135hp at the rear wheels! Stock HP on our dyno was 77hp! That is literally almost TWICE the HP over factory without touching the engine! This kit is the sh*t! And I'm jealous that I don't have one on my YXZ.....yet!! :cool:

http://wellerracing.net/YXZ1000r%20Turbo%20Kit%20Pictures/index.html

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I think I need one of these! ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
That is one of the cleanest looking kits I've seen yet! I really like how the inter-cooler w/fans utilizes the filter box... Nicely done. What would the average home mechanic be looking at time-wise to install? Also what would be the cost?
Thanks! T.K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is a K&N filter with outerwears really good enough to keep the dust out? I´ve always thought K&N´s to have the filtration qualities of an old sock!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
It's an "XD" series filter with outerwear and it works extremely well.
Is it more than 3 layers of fabric?
Any plans for an oiled foam option?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I didn't see this until now! Since the filter sits within the factory "cookie jar" just behind the driver's seat, it is very protected from dirt/debris/dust - we haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. As of now we aren't working on a foam option, but I don't want to speak for Jason in regards to any options he may offer in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this until now! Since the filter sits within the factory "cookie jar" just behind the driver's seat, it is very protected from dirt/debris/dust - we haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. As of now we aren't working on a foam option, but I don't want to speak for Jason in regards to any options he may offer in the future.
Does the "cookie jar" cover still fit so it can be closed when in camp with inclement weather?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does.....but just don't forget to take it off!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts