Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
That's definitely it. Even has the normal should bolsters like the viking/wolverine. Hope there's tree kickers as an accessory right off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, Im excited lol. For some reason that gives me the feeling of a tester and not a final product. it just doest feel right. I'm weird though and just the seats dont work or something haha

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Im excited lol. For some reason that gives me the feeling of a tester and not a final product. it just doest feel right. I'm weird though and just the seats dont work or something haha
That could very well be true, it kind looks like the door plastics are off, maybe the door is open or something, who knows!?!?

·
Registered
15 Posts
That could very well be true, it kind looks like the door plastics are off, maybe the door is open or something, who knows!?!?
I believe you are correct, the door is open. the little wedge looks like it should be lined up flush with the notch behind it

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow! We are getting so close I can almost smell it! It certainly looks to follow the line of the leaked pic of the wrapped SXS.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After staring at the picture for a bit and thinking about it.

Does the rear wheel look really close to the back of the seat and more towards the front of the vehicle then it does on the Xp1k and similar to or even more then Maverick XDS?

This would support the fact that it is a mid-engine vehicle or even a front engine vehicle with a transmission much like a passenger car.

This would also support the rear picture that we saw from the teaser videos, but the shock angle would be so great because the a-arms can be so long that they need a very long shock, The extended length of the a-arms would be possible because you could move the mounting points in towards the center line of the vehicle, you would only need enough rear frame width to mount a driveshaft tunnel and a rear diff. The longer a-arms would also equate to longer axles which would allow higher travel numbers with same cv angles as a wider rear framed vehicle with trailing arms.

So it could be mid engine with a motorcycle style transmission or it could be front engine with an automotive style transmission. The mid engine design would not be an issue because there is no belt to worry about getting to.

I am not an engineer and this is purely speculation on my part so feel free to tell me if my thinking is way off base here but what do ya think?

Did Yamaha combine the mid engine feel and turning/handling of a Maverick XDS with equal or possibly more travel then an XP1K?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Engine placement will most likely be determined by which direction the engine is set in place and how the tranny works. This 3 cyl is probably much wider than the V-twins on the market now, so a mid engine placement would most likely mean the cyl's are in line front to rear. A side to side set means the engine may be farther forward. My guess would be a front to rear set up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In Sept of 1986 a machine was announced by Yamaha that changed the industry and now the New Banshee will be announced 30 years later that will once again change the industry .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts