Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
If its that impressive, go buy it, then you dont have to bitch about the YXZ.
Dont think he's bitching on the YXZ as is, its a BA machine. But all the other brands have a lot more on paper, visual, electrical,performance and comfort features, I've already posted it will take at least 10k and more like 20k aftermarket to compete on paper, and that is what "sales" oem machines, and that's the lost profit to advance models.

·
Registered
388 Posts
What is the price difference between the two? I think we an all agree the Yamaha will be a the better built and more reliable of the two looking at the RZRs past problems. So the question would be how much would it cost to bring the Yamaha close to the RZRs performance for your style of riding to have the more reliable machine.
You could also ask the question the other way except it be dam costly to get rid of that belt.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
My local dealer has one on his lot now, $28K without a roof, half doors, and typical Polaris quality. The public is not beating his doors down to buy it, he has had no deposits on any of the Pro's coming in. I configured one online and was at $35K w/o taxes. The seats are comfortable, but visibility in the front nothing like the YXZ. I would guess that after 3 or 4K miles it will be a rattle trap like all the rest. My brother has a Polaris Ranger, and he says it is falling apart on him. Would not trade my 2019 for one, just hit 3K miles yesterday and still tight as a dish.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Forgot to mention, that some time ago I went on a three day overnight trip to the Grand Canyon. 14 RZR's and 3 YXZ's in our group. We were stopping every 20 or 30 minutes for a RZR issue of some type, if I would have been a Polaris rep -- I would have went and buried my head in the sand it was that bad. Our guide commented as soon as the YXZ is available in a 4 seater, he will be the first in line to buy one. The only issue with a YXZ over this 300 mile trip, was a flat tire. I really enjoyed the trip overall, but my wife said she will not go again because we had to stop so much.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My local dealer has one on his lot now, $28K without a roof, half doors, and typical Polaris quality. The public is not beating his doors down to buy it, he has had no deposits on any of the Pro's coming in. I configured one online and was at $35K w/o taxes. The seats are comfortable, but visibility in the front nothing like the YXZ. I would guess that after 3 or 4K miles it will be a rattle trap like all the rest. My brother has a Polaris Ranger, and he says it is falling apart on him. Would not trade my 2019 for one, just hit 3K miles yesterday and still tight as a dish.
Everyone wants 300hp, 22" of travel, 6 seater, air conditioning, cruise control, etc.
There are plenty of exotic off road cars/trucks available. Go buy one.

Stop whinning that Yamaha doesn't offer all that crap for 20k.
The YXZ is inexpensive, fun and reliable.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good link Tweener.
Well written history of SxS's.

Look, I still own a Can Am Maverick and even an old Rhino.
I've heard of Can Am's having electrical fires. Proboably some ding dong didn't fuse his lights or something.

They all rattle and break (even the YXZ's break).
But for 20k, you get a good, fun car.
I can't stand the sound of belted cars anymore. A constant 4-5k RPM. Like a riding mower.
Love the feeling of driving and shifting. Picking a gear, downshifting, etc.

I don't pretend it is a trophy truck, it's not.
It goes fast enough to get my juices flowing and it gets me home everytime.

In my Maverick, I carried a cordless impact, belts, tools, etc.
In my YXZ, I carry my Don Julio and ice.

Cheers -

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The fun factor is off the charts, it is easy to sell someone on a YXZ if they would listen. I walked into a Can Am dealer a few weeks back and when discussing the X3 -- the first comments out of his mouth were: you are going to blow belts with this thing! He also said he would love to see the triple cylinder in the YXZ in a X3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My biggest complaint is the Yamaha is so expensive to turbo. Rzr come with better suspension and more power out of the box. Turbo machine 24 k Yamaha is a little more since you have to do so much on all 4 corners to compete suspension wise.

·
Registered
946 Posts
My biggest complaint is the Yamaha is so expensive to turbo. Rzr come with better suspension and more power out of the box. Turbo machine 24 k Yamaha is a little more since you have to do so much on all 4 corners to compete suspension wise.
That May be true but the manual trans is the game changer as far as fun goes . I paid 17k and have 30 at least into it but it’s just plain fun . I drive my sisters x3 and I like the suspension and other things but it’s just not as fun to drive .

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Some of you understood what I meant and some missed my point. Now that I've spent an additional $5000 on my 2017 SS-SE, I'm very happy and am keeping it however, I don't need a turbo or 22 inches of travel. What I have now works very good. The complaint about Yamaha is they don't offer an out of the box, do all car like Polaris and CanAm do. I'm loyal to all Japanese brands in all my sports. Dirt bikes, Snow machines, Street bikes and ATV-UTV's. I have 8 of them and they are Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda. I hate to see Polaris and now CanAm selling units faster than they can set them up while the two YXZ's sit on the lot at my dealer. There is no lack of money here for the $25-30,000 top box machines. 16 hours labor and over $5000 for the turbo as an accessory is tough to swallow for the folks that want one and have to wait for it to be installed. In my town the X-3 is King with Polaris a close 2nd in sales. The new Pro Polaris is going to surprise people with the increased quality. Yamaha had dismal snow machine sales the last few years and may get out of the business. I don't want to see that in the UTV side. I can buy a X-3 turbo for $17,000. My last two Rallies, I was the only YXZ in attendance. I love it but it's not good for Yamaha! Ok, I feel better

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think Yamaha will come out with a new chassis soon. If you look at their dirt bikes, they usually run the same base chassis about five years and then come out with a replacement. They usually include a few upgrades to the chassis and then BNG's. The XTR is BNG. Next year might be our year for a new YXZ. Someone mentioned a Yamaha rep said to see what is coming in June, so who knows. My wife and I just got back from another ride (30 minutes ago) without a box of tools, belt, fluids, breakage, or stress. Just drinks, food, and some nice country. Kinda says it all for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some of you understood what I meant and some missed my point. Now that I've spent an additional $5000 on my 2017 SS-SE, I'm very happy and am keeping it however, I don't need a turbo or 22 inches of travel. What I have now works very good. The complaint about Yamaha is they don't offer an out of the box, do all car like Polaris and CanAm do. I'm loyal to all Japanese brands in all my sports. Dirt bikes, Street bikes and ATV-UTV's. I have all 4 of them and they are Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda. I hate to see Polaris and now CanAm selling units faster than they can set them up while the two YXZ's sit on the lot at my dealer. There is no lack of money here for the $25-30,000 top box machines. 16 hours labor and over $5000 for the turbo as an accessory is tough to swallow for the folks that want one and have to wait for it to be installed. In my town the X-3 is King with Polaris a close 2nd in sales. The new Pro Polaris is going to surprise people with the increased quality. Yamaha had dismal snow machine sales the last few years and may get out of the business. I don't want to see that in the UTV side. I can buy a X-3 turbo for $17,000. My last two Rallies, I was the only YXZ in attendance. I love it but it's not good for Yamaha! Ok, I feel better
Some of you understood what I meant and some missed my point. Now that I've spent an additional $5000 on my 2017 SS-SE, I'm very happy and am keeping it however, I don't need a turbo or 22 inches of travel. What I have now works very good. The complaint about Yamaha is they don't offer an out of the box, do all car like Polaris and CanAm do. I'm loyal to all Japanese brands in all my sports. Dirt bikes, Street bikes and ATV-UTV's. I have all 4 of them and they are Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda. I hate to see Polaris and now CanAm selling units faster than they can set them up while the two YXZ's sit on the lot at my dealer. There is no lack of money here for the $25-30,000 top box machines. 16 hours labor and over $5000 for the turbo as an accessory is tough to swallow for the folks that want one and have to wait for it to be installed. In my town the X-3 is King with Polaris a close 2nd in sales. The new Pro Polaris is going to surprise people with the increased quality. Yamaha had dismal snow machine sales the last few years and may get out of the business. I don't want to see that in the UTV side. I can buy a X-3 turbo for $17,000. My last two Rallies, I was the only YXZ in attendance. I love it but it's not good for Yamaha! Ok, I feel better
Hey dans2017 Do us a favor, please trade your YXZ and buy the "whatever" then go to there site and bitch and moan because they didnt give you EVERYTHING you require for $20k. Then you can feel better.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Every serious SXS owner I have ever met pours big money into their ride, regardless of what make and model they have. It is such an emotional thing -- never seen anything like it. Everyone wants more and more out of it. Not sure you can draw a baseline as to what a manufacturer offers completely stock. However, all I have done with my 2019 is add some accessories -- much much less needed than my 2016 YXZ SE to make me happy.

Yamaha's motorcycle division sells 5mm units per year on a worldwide basis, their marine division does very well, too. I know Yamaha is happy with their X2 and X4 sales nationally, and for 2019 the YXZ has done better than in earlier years. For every new model year the emphasis will shift, the major players will each have their day in the sun sooner or later. For me, I would not change a thing -- only time will tell what the future holds. There is only so much you can do with a frame, roof, 1000cc engine, and seats all on four wheels -- nature provides the rest!

·
Registered
601 Posts
For what it’s worth none of them offer a “out of the box do all machine” I’ve got lots of buddies with X3’s and RZR’S, Generals, with more updates, upgrades, and money put into them than you can imagine.

As for the new Pro Polaris surprising folks with increased quality go talk to all the burn victims and there families of Polaris quality and accountability.

I disagree with you almost 100%

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
16 Participants
Hairballusmaximus
Yamaha YXZ Forums
YXZ Talk Forum is the largest online community for Yamaha YXZ 1000 fans. Discuss turbocharging, suspension, drive train, and more!
Full Forum Listing