Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha YXZ1000R Big Brakes

Unfortunately most riders don’t question the brakes on a UTV as we have nothing to compare. With the upgrades to 32” tires, motor work, extra weight, roll cages, etc, the yxz is lacking in the brake area, especially those that can drive on the highway. This brake upgrade is the answer if you drive your car or bike quickly, or do track days one of the first upgrades is brakes.

Yamaha YXZ big brake upgrade by Towerworks Motorsports
P__2340.jpg

Please check out our website for complete information and specifications.
Towerworks Motorsports - Yamaha YXZ1000R Big Brakes

·
Registered
418 Posts
Does it require larger diameter wheels?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Does it require larger diameter wheels?
Yes, this. ^^^^^
Will this still work with the stock 14" SE beadlock wheels?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Look great, and I bet they stop better as well, but the price $1880 will probably make people put on the brakes in regards to purchasing.
Nice setup for sure. But that ain't exactly great bang for the buck there. Me thinks I'll pass.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Actually it's pretty much in line, I priced out the rotors and lines from Galfer and the calipers through Wilwood and it's right there and you still need a bracket to mount them. Brian said they will work with stock and several others he named off. "Brian, if you send me my silicon oil lines I'll get a set, if you get me the RED brake lines that Galfer makes for the YXZ".

·
Registered
150 Posts
Must be just for the front? Still quite a bit cheaper than the 8 piston brakes I had on my Reynard Indycar!!!! That thing when you stomp on the brake pedal even your watch starts spinning backwards!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Noticed they sell 2" wheel spacers. Anybody put these on their car? Just curious how they worked.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Noticed they sell 2" wheel spacers. Anybody put these on their car? Just curious how they worked.
I have some 1 1/2" ones that I use with the stock wheels . NO problem so far 1700 miles.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I have some 1 1/2" ones that I use with the stock wheels . NO problem so far 1700 miles.
I use 1" on front, and 1.5" spacers on the rear with the stock wheels. They have worked great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Towerworks, how do I get a set of X3 sway bars from you? You said you thought you'd have them available weeks ago and I can't get a call back from you. Clay

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
GMUK
Yamaha YXZ Forums
YXZ Talk Forum is the largest online community for Yamaha YXZ 1000 fans. Discuss turbocharging, suspension, drive train, and more!
Full Forum Listing