Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is going to be focused on introducing you guys to new products that we release. Customer input from you guys is invaluable and we are always open to suggestions on stuff that will make your riding experiences the best they can be.

Kicking off this thread is our new YXZ radio and intercom mount! Preorders have shipped, and units are in stock, give us a call if you're interested in neatly mounting your communications equipment in your new YXZ!

·
Registered
286 Posts
i would like to see switch holes added to them on the sides of innercom and insted of folding arms back to mount units tig weld them on so you get a better fit around radio and inner com

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new Dual Band RH16C is the all in one easy to use handheld radio. By combining UHF and VHF frequencies in one radio, simply turn on, select a channel, and your ready to communicate. The compact design handheld with powerful 1500 mAh battery produces a full 5 watts of output for long distance contact. With up to 128 channel and 16 channel banks the RH16C is the most versatile handheld radio available. Whatever your event the RH16C has you covered.
Retail Price: $148!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are very excited to announce the newest addition to the Rugged Handheld lineup, the RH5X. Built to IP 57 standards, the RH5X can handle being submersed in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Go the distance with 5 watts of power backed with a long lasting 1800 mAh Li-ion battery. The dual band feature allows you to transmit on either UHF or VHF frequency bands. Additional features include built in LED flashlight, backlit LCD display, FM radio, and 128 channel programming capability. No matter how much rain, dust, or snow you encounter, the RH5X is ready to battle the environments.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The NEW Rugged Radios' RM-25R 25 watt Dual Band Mobile Radio compact design makes it the perfect communication radio for any weekend trip.

This small radio is half the physical size of a traditional 50 watt radio making it easy to mount in your vehicle. But don't let the small stature of this radio fool you; boasting 25 watts of power, the RM-25R Mobile Radio is a huge step up from a 5 watt handheld radio, reaching distances up to 10 miles depending on terrain.

This multipurpose radio is dual band allowing you to transmit on both UHF and VHF frequencies to perfectly pair with the new Dual Band mobile antenna. When it comes to power consumption the RM25R Mobile Radio is extremely efficient, allowing you to power it up with the 12 volt cigarette lighter power plug that ships with it. Simply plug it in, turn it on, mount your antenna and you're ready to talk!

Also available in a car2car kit, and a base/chase system!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Any chance you guy will make a YXZ mounting plate similar to the billet one you made for the Rhino or the Maverick? Just made in the shape of the YXZ dash spot?
if so, can you allow for a couple switches in the plate?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're starting to move away from the billet style mounts, and are moving more towards a direction of the style we made the YXZ mount.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Holy Moly. Rugged Radio updated their whole frickin' line up.

Most interested in the dual-band mobile. I have two riding groups. One is VHF, the other is UHF. I had my Rugged Radio mobile going and my handheld in my pocket.

Interested to see intercoms as well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha Rick, We're definitely excited for our waterproof handheld and the dual band mobile. 25 watts is great because it's a big jump in range from a handheld, and quite honestly, pretty close in range to a 50 watt so the price is just right, especially with it being dual band. Definitely a great option if you ride with both VHF and UHF users. Paired with our new dual band antenna it's a good upgrade

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just read the specs on the new dual-band mobile.

You guys nailed it.

Dropping the wattage down and making the chassis smaller is a perfect direction to go. More mounting options, and if the radio is paired with your tuned dual-band antenna, the loss of range will be barely perceptible -- (it takes 10x the power to double the range).

·
Registered
726 Posts
Do you have a hand held dual channel that works with Bluetooth headsets, I already have a Sena headset on my helmet

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
636 Posts
Any plains to make a dash mount plate for the new 25w radio on in the XYZ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have a hand held dual channel that works with Bluetooth headsets, I already have a Sena headset on my helmet

Thanks
The handheld radio does not communicate with Bluetooth devices, however the Sena heasdsets often support an external radio to be integrated with it

Two of my ride buddies have Sena headsets "hooked" up to the blue Rugged Radio handheld.
Nice, it's always good to have that range beyond the bluetooth when you need it.

Any plains to make a dash mount plate for the new 25w radio on in the XYZ?
We are currently still working on creating mounting plates. That was actually something that came up when we were ready to release the radio. Do we wait until we have mounting solutions? Or do we release the radio for those that don't need the mounts. We decided to release the radio due to it being so small. You can temporarily mount it virtually anywhere and then get the mount when they become available. I'll definitely post up when we get the mounts.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
636 Posts
Cool you might not need to hack up the stock glove box with the smaller radio.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's been a minute since I've updated this thread, but we've been hard at work expanding our products using all your guys' valuable input.

First up is we've started supplying Simpson Over-The-Wall helmets that work perfectly with our behind the head style headsets. Now you can get that high quality sound our headsets provide, while still getting the helmet protection you need.

If the over the wall style helmet isn't for you, then we also have a newly redesigned lightweight headset, the H10-OFF. This low profile headset lets you have a microphone boom even if you have a helmet that you can't install a regular helmet kit into. The headset provide great sound through the included (or your own) earbuds. Uses the same connector as the regular helmet kits for maximum compatibility.

We've also added a few more things to our catalog including:

Multi-Cradle charger for multiple RH5R radios

AA Battery Pack for RH5R

New Race Ready Helmet Skirt

PLUS MUCH MORE! Click here to check out the new products section of our site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts