Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Where are you at? I’m in Mesa AZ I still go out in the evening for an hour or so as the sun is setting and the temps drop down to a bearable 103deg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice looking machine. I couldn’t stand the slow break-in, so I had my wife do that part for me.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Let me know if you figure it out . Would like to ride big bear but don't want to leave my tow rig in the Miller canyon staging area or the Silverwood dam parking lot . Used to have friends that lived up by you and we would park at their house and run the mountain on two wheels . I don't want to worry if my truck will still be there when I get back . Too many criminals let loose these days .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where are you at? I’m in Mesa AZ I still go out in the evening for an hour or so as the sun is setting and the temps drop down to a bearable 103deg
Off subject Question: do you ever have any overheating issues? I'm in South Texas and we are around 95 or so; i cant imagine 103. I've had overheating issues. Trying to get worked out as i speak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last couple times I've been riding it's been 100+ temperatures and never had any overheating issues we were out there for hours.there's definitely something wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Last couple times I've been riding it's been 100+ temperatures and never had any overheating issues we were out there for hours.there's definitely something wrong.
agreed. Doing the Air bubble test now; I guess sometimes an air bubble forms somehow in the radiator and causes overheating, sounds crazy to me. I doubt my issue is that harmless, but hopeful.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Off subject Question: do you ever have any overheating issues? I'm in South Texas and we are around 95 or so; i cant imagine 103. I've had overheating issues. Trying to get worked out as i speak.
Just moved to Mesa a year ago from Houston and I’ll say 103 is far more enjoyable than 90 in Houston. I’ve never overheated here yet and I’ve been out in 109. It burns your face off and your eyes feel like they are on fire without a windshield at 109, but the Z runs fine. Anything up to 104 is bearable but after that the heat is no joke. I don’t have a temp gauge and the fans are always running when I shut her off, but it’s never shut down for overheating..I’ll run it hard for 20 minutes and then shut it down for 10 and repeat. My biggest fear is being 10 miles out in the desert with no service and breaking down and having to hike out of there in 100+ degrees, that could be a very serious situation even when you are in good physical shape. You dehydrate fast, real fast

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just moved to Mesa a year ago from Houston and I’ll say 103 is far more enjoyable than 90 in Houston. I’ve never overheated here yet and I’ve been out in 109. It burns your face off and your eyes feel like they are on fire without a windshield at 109, but the Z runs fine. Anything up to 104 is bearable but after that the heat is no joke. I don’t have a temp gauge and the fans are always running when I shut her off, but it’s never shut down for overheating..I’ll run it hard for 20 minutes and then shut it down for 10 and repeat. My biggest fear is being 10 miles out in the desert with no service and breaking down and having to hike out of there in 100+ degrees, that could be a very serious situation even when you are in good physical shape. You dehydrate fast, real fast
our weather comes close to replicating houston with a little less humidly. I can see being stranded in 100+ F is not good!! I'm thinking of putting a manual override switch on the fan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts