Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’ve wanted to upgrade my seats, for a while now. Last week, I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Beard Torque V2s. I got the mounting brackets, and one of the seats yesterday. Here is a comparison photo.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I love my Beard seats!!! Much more comfortable and allows for more aggressive driving without having to use steering wheel and shifter to keep your butt in place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t driven it yet, but the seat feels great just sitting in it. The mounts are nice, with plenty of adjustment. Very happy so far.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well, I’ve wanted to upgrade my seats, for a while now. Last week, I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Beard Torque V2s. I got the mounting brackets, and one of the seats yesterday. Here is a comparison photo. View attachment 115833
Was installation easy? Did you have to adjust the mount points for your GYTR harnesses or even have to take them out?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was installation easy? Did you have to adjust the mount points for your GYTR harnesses or even have to take them out?
The installation was simple. No modifications to the harness mounting locations. Didn’t have to remove them, except to feed the shoulder belts through the back of the seats. I’m very happy with the way all of the pieces work together. Should have came this way from the factory.
I removed the doors, just to make it easier to install, and adjust the seats, but not really necessary.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does it feel like the seat is higher from the stock seat? As i‘m 6’8 and need all the head room i can get

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven’t driven it yet, but the seat feels great just sitting in it.
Does it feel like the seat is higher from the stock seat? As i‘m 6’8 and need all the head room i can get
Yes, they are about and inch or so higher. (I should have measured) I’m guessing they will get a little lower after the suspension breaks in. But probably not much.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks great.
Any issues with removing the stock shoulder and latch guard.
And is the door latch a snag point now - getting in and out?
Where did you order them from?
How much?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great.
Any issues with removing the stock shoulder and latch guard.
And is the door latch a snag point now - getting in and out?
Where did you order them from?
How much?
I doesn't seem to be an issue. I can get in and out no problem, and the seat holds you in place nicely, so I don't anticipate it being a problem while riding. If it does become an issue, I guess I'll order the pads from PRP. I do wish these came with some though.

I bought them from Yamaha YXZ1000R Beard Torque V2 Seats - Pair
$859.95 shipped, with Yamaha mounting brackets.

·
Registered
260 Posts
z28roc -
Thanks for sharing the info.
I have wanted seats, but didn't want to fab brackets.
I'm 5'7", so I could use a taller seat as well.
Hopefully the suspension seats help a bit with the ride feel.

I'll be ordering them this week.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m also 5-7 190lbs. So a little extra height is good for me. I can see it being a problem for tall guys though.
I had suspension seats in my old RZR, and I miss them. You’ll be happy for sure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting up this info.
I have the GYTR harness mounting brackets for 2019+ harness bars. They put the shoulder belts at the perfect angle. So unless I’m missing something, I think I’m good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, plus the seat base is slotted, so you can fine tune the driver position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone selling stock seats after installing new ones? Need a set for my Viking. Prefer grey and black

1 - 18 of 18 Posts