Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Love the look of your yxz! That blue cage looks awesome. I know STU's are a lot lighter and better than Tusk paddles, if they were in my budget I would have most likely gone with those or skats. When I go to pismo in a couple weeks I think ill start with 10 psi and go from there.
thanks, shes a little different now. have long travel, lights, roof rack etc now

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
983 Posts
i wouldnt run paddles at pismo. the sand is super tacky and stiff. i would just air down to 10psi and keep it in 4wd, not diff lock tho.
I have run stock big horns a lot at Pismo and now have Sancraft paddles. All I can say its night and day difference.

·
Registered
2017 yxz 100r
31 Posts
I have the same paddles on the rear of mine. And stock tires up front. I love them they work great in the dunes i run 2 wheel drive all day long. they hook pretty good

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
lots of personal preference when it comes to tires.
on my 2016 i ran a few different paddles before giving up altogether as i could not find something that slid, still had some bite, but wasnt too heavy etc
i ran that car with 28" kanati mongrels at 8psi all over glamis, pismo and dumont and never got stuck or had an issue View attachment 120378

on my 2019 i found some 28" STU sand blasters and LOVE them.
i run them aroun 8psi as well
car is N/A and has no problem spinning them up to its happy rpm
View attachment 120380
Badass pic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can tell you anything not a lightweight buffed Skat Trak, STU, etc is almost twice the weight when aired up from picking up other sets in comparison.

14" Aluminum Skat Trak wheels w/ 30" Skat Trak Extreme 10 paddle - Mohawk Fronts Full Buff. Find myself at half throttle with ease in the dunes.

Flotation is unmatched.

Another YXZ with the harder heavier sand tires, only once you get in the high rpms is it still the same-ish ride. Having to stay on the throttle. I can imagine the powerloss uphill or in big dunes.

They switched their rears to Skats half buff the next time out.

buffed Skats/Stus are worth EVERY penny. It was a hard pill for me to swallow for me at first... The wife was not convinced of $2k+ set up before I even took delivery of my YXZ.
... but once I got in the sand, butter. And when she couldn't pick up the heavier set at the dealer.... She then knew what the $2k was spent on 😆 ..... Cuz you know to women, "they look the same"... Tell them that when they're shopping for purses. 😵‍💫

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
983 Posts
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
983 Posts
Thanks for the Chart bro ,🤘🏼😎🤙🏼
It's from the Sandcraft website. Sandcraft uses new carcasses for their tires and has skat trac buff them and put the paddles on them.

Reactions: ZUMNyxzSS
21 - 37 of 37 Posts