Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey. Any temp solutions for this? Mine is 3 weeks out. I have a secondary lock solution I will post when I get mine?

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha YXZ 1000R SS XT-R
13 Posts
Hey. Any temp solutions for this? Mine is 3 weeks out. I have a secondary lock solution I will post when I get mine?
I just ordered a radiator cover from ebay, and I used a can of flat black spray paint to color match it. The clips should be in stock on partzilla or availiable at a local dealer. Literally waited months for a replacement my dealership ordered, ended up asking them to just cut me a check for the part in November which they did..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the main reason for these blowing off, is most people don't realize that there are 3 clips on the underside of the scoop, that are supposed to lock under the top of the honeycomb piece. It's a real pain in the ass to get the front lower hooks and the uppers latched under the honeycomb, but once you do, that sucker isn't going anywhere. Just my 2c

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just looked. You are correct. I can almost guarantee mine was not clipped correctly. And it is a pita because of the forward lower slot connection design.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha YXZ 1000R SS XT-R
13 Posts
I think the main reason for these blowing off, is most people don't realize that there are 3 clips on the underside of the scoop, that are supposed to lock under the top of the honeycomb piece. It's a real pain in the ass to get the front lower hooks and the uppers latched under the honeycomb, but once you do, that sucker isn't going anywhere. Just my 2c
After painting the replacement, I drilled a hole behind each clip and put a zip tie through it just in case.

Not sure how to confirm 100% if their center clip was latched in or not in hindsight, but either way still think this at it's root this is a design flaw worth correcting. Super common issue, and I'd imagine a fairly easy design fix.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts