Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Exracer, how do you like the Wicked rack?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I really like it . I have the 1.7 to 1 ratio and with the Hess electric booster for the power steering motor it’s a little harder to steer then stock but not bad . I love the fact that the steering rack tightens up the turning radius. I feel that it is a must if you trail ride .
The unit is not as beefy as the weller rack but heavier then the stock unit . If I am not mistaken they have a lifetime guarantee on it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I really like it . I have the 1.7 to 1 ratio and with the Hess electric booster for the power steering motor it’s a little harder to steer then stock but not bad . I love the fact that the steering rack tightens up the turning radius. I feel that it is a must if you trail ride .
The unit is not as beefy as the weller rack but heavier then the stock unit . If I am not mistaken they have a lifetime guarantee on it.
Thanks. I was going to buy one, but hadn't seen any feedback on it. I do trail ride some pretty tight trails, so the extra turning radius would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I see your have fireball LT so I assume rackzilla has the appropriate length tie rods . I may go this route

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sounds
I have the standard ratio - extended travel rackzilla. The turning radius is close to 1 machine width less on a 180 deg turn. Very noticeable.
. Good news on turning radius . After LT I lost some radius from the longer wheel base

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I see your have fireball LT so I assume rackzilla has the appropriate length tie rods . I may go this route
Yes just call them to make sure they send the right ones

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Let me know when Change it out interested to see the outcome
So I took off the weller steering tie rods and went back to stock and my shimmy went away . I know a lot of people run there stuff and it is very well made , I just could get it to work on my car .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well I reset my toe to a quarter inch toe in and I have no shimmy or shake even though there is some play in the tie rod

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well I reset my toe to a quarter inch toe in and I have no shimmy or shake even though there is some play in the tie rod
Maybe I will give that a try . Would really like to use the stuff . It’s built really good .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes they are strong that’s for sure . I can grab the wheel and and feel the play but experience nothing when driving . I had a pull to the right that led me to looking for problems and found that slack but like I said after readjusting toe no more pull.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts