Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ZŪMN .. (ZOOMing) New to side by side ATVs. Purchasing a '21 SS. Group of people I ride with has a 2016 Anniversary Edition and I liked it over other sxs when I joined them in GLAMIS.

I frequent everywhere between SoCal - NorCal for work in construction. Home base is Solano County - 2nd base is L.A. County. I'm half and half dependent on work.

Look forward to meeting and learning from fellow enthusiast in the ATV world.
I'm open to any kind of trailing, mountain, dune, desert, etc!

I'm interested in Overlanding as well so if there's a group for that, message me info!

Picture is what I'm working out to purchase soon.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
View attachment 119292 nice ride! we are sort of into the "overland" thing. setting the cars up for longer overnighters is challenging since room is close to zip but weve made do.
Nice rack! Ive been researching a lot on the aftermarket and will be getting the bigger fuel tank replacement in stock location for more mileage. I've read you get between 70-150 miles dependent on driving conditions on the stock tank from an long term review article of the YXZ in UTV OFF ROAD MAG.

I can be very minimal! A sleeping bag, granolas, couple sandwiches, sun & bug spray, water and wipes...😆👌🏼 maybe tiny tent...

I've gone out on raft for 6-7 miles on the Russian River with a small cooler and a bag pack of snacks ... We tried to make it to the ocean. Sadly sundown hit first a mile away and we needed to get back to parking before 9 p.m. I underestimate total travel time it would take. 🥲

Been to the Kern River as well, it's challenging to keep steer because of the rushing water, but easier to navigate on smaller raft through boulders and obstacles.

I like going on Adventures!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice rack! Ive been researching a lot on the aftermarket and will be getting the bigger fuel tank replacement in stock location for more mileage. I've read you get between 70-150 miles dependent on driving conditions on the stock tank from an long term review article of the YXZ in UTV OFF ROAD MAG.

I can be very minimal! A sleeping bag, granolas, couple sandwiches, sun & bug spray, water and wipes...😆👌🏼 maybe tiny tent...

I've gone out on raft for 6-7 miles on the Russian River with a small cooler and a bag pack of snacks ... We tried to make it to the ocean. Sadly sundown hit first a mile away and we needed to get back to parking before 9 p.m. I underestimate total travel time it would take. 🥲

Been to the Kern River as well, it's challenging to keep steer because of the rushing water, but easier to navigate on smaller raft through boulders and obstacles.

I like going on Adventures!
most ive had up there is a BBQ, sleeping bags, tent, i have a molle plate in the bed that i have a 48qt cooler that can be strapped down, 5 gal of fuel to get roughly 200 miles of riding, wife and i can do a night or 2 off the grid, ultimate goal is ensenada to cabo and back over the course of a few weeks. yxz is currently in pieces since i rolled it at UTV Takeover but she will be getting better and stronger for version 2

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost done with the break in miles!! 101 miles in 24 hours. It helped to have a track and 6 drivers. Gave driving sessions around the track to the gf, daughter, twin nephews, and other nephew. One of the nephews is really good and a natural! Had all their adrenaline going. Pushed it pretty hard and did a little of everything.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts