Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yomama has failed us again. They bring the clutch and now we will have to add an after market clutch kit to make it what the majority wants. WTH!!! Yea I'm venting, but dam how hard is it for manufacturers to give us what the total buyers want?

·
Registered
762 Posts
LOOK LlKE YOU COULD ORDER IT FROM THE FACTORY WITH IT ALREADY ON IT. l DON'T TRUST HALF THE DEALERS ON DOING IT RIGHT.

Reactions: Factory UTV

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes please explain, op? The Recluse Auto clutch kits have been around for years in the dirt bike world. I have used them on my KTM's. They are a very time tested and proven thing. I have absolutely no doubt that the recluse kits for the YXZ will be no different.

·
Registered
762 Posts
l GUESS 50% OF THE PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE A STICK.

·
Registered
15 Posts
LOOK LlKE YOU COULD ORDER IT FROM THE FACTORY WITH IT ALREADY ON IT. l DON'T TRUST HALF THE DEALERS ON DOING IT RIGHT.
The Recluse kits are not complicated to install at all. Any qualified mechanic should be able to install a Recluse kit in a couple of hours. This concern over the Recluse products in this thread in a none issue..

Here is a like to the web site. http://www.rekluse.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No offense DBMchine, but not everyone wanted a pure shifted clutch car. Yes, I must say I wanted a paddle shift type car, but definitely with a wet clutch. From Longview,TX to the eastern coast, we need something that will also crawl, trail , or rock climb. Therefore, I must say again that Yamaha let my types of riding style down!!! Yes they have the Wolverine, but then again, it doesn't have the travel for what most riders want over in my part of the country.We do ride at a slower pace, but we do enjoy the smooth ride the sport bikes deliver.

·
Registered
762 Posts
JUST LlKE YOU SAID " A QUALIFIED MECHANIC" ... l THINK SOME OF THESE MECHANIC GOT THEY QUALIFIATIONS FROM A CRACKER JACK BOX.

·
Registered
265 Posts
why do people cry so much about it having a clutch? I don't understand? What did everybody want an automatic transmission like in your truck?

If you don't want to shift go buy a Polaris...Can Am... or Arctic Cat... it is not like the YXZ is the only option out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No offense DBMchine, but not everyone wanted a pure shifted clutch car. Yes, I must say I wanted a paddle shift type car, but definitely with a wet clutch. From Longview,TX to the eastern coast, we need something that will also crawl, trail , or rock climb. Therefore, I must say again that Yamaha let my types of riding style down!!! Yes they have the Wolverine, but then again, it doesn't have the travel for what most riders want over in my part of the country.We do ride at a slower pace, but we do enjoy the smooth ride the sport bikes deliver.
With the Recluse Kit the machine will be awesome for crawling on slow technical terrain! I don't think you fully understand how the recluse works. All you will have to do is shift the stick shift to change gears. It will work exactly like the auto clutch on a gear transmission ATV . What could be better than that rock crawling and technical terrain???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lord, I respect what you are saying about the Recluse kit and it is justified, but my main gripe is that 2/3 of the people will want that kit and Yomaha did not listen to want we want. This is typical from big corporate, which it should have come stock from the manufacturer. This is why I have stated Yomama failed us again. The sales team looked at one section and decided that everyone wanted what they offered....so wrong. If your splash in the water is dust, you lose all the customers who like water mist in the face. Just saying so.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lord, I respect what you are saying about the Recluse kit and it is justified, but my main gripe is that 2/3 of the people will want that kit and Yomaha did not listen to want we want. This is typical from big corporate, which it should have come stock from the manufacturer. This is why I have stated Yomama failed us again. The sales team looked at one section and decided that everyone wanted what they offered....so wrong. If your splash in the water is dust, you lose all the customers who like water mist in the face. Just saying so.
I agree, the SE should have the beadlocks and the rekluse clutch standard for the extra $1600. They then could have released all (3) at same time and had a product for both types of sport riders that want this machine. Also should have made the base model more plain (maybe no roof, cheaper rims and one solid color no graphics) to keep the cost down a little more and could have reached even more customer in that price point (17,999) and then hopefully get it back on the accessories we all buy after purchase and then some.

Matt

·
Registered
404 Posts
So, I should have to pay for a rekluse clutch from the factory that I don't want and have to uninstall? I think you have things backwards my friend. Give me the cheapest option and let me pick the doodads I'm willing to pay extra for. I'm not understanding the complaint.

I rock crawl in my Jeep. It didn't come with 5:56 gearing for 40" tires and great crawl ratio. Jeep provided me with a good affordable platform that appealed to a target crowd and then I paid to personalize for my intended purpose. Jeep did not fail me.

A failure is providing an unreliable or low quality machine a la Arctic Cat in 2012

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree, the SE should have the beadlocks and the rekluse clutch standard for the extra $1600. They then could have released all (3) at same time and had a product for both types of sport riders that want this machine. Also should have made the base model more plain (maybe no roof, cheaper rims and one solid color no graphics) to keep the cost down a little more and could have reached even more customer in that price point (17,999) and then hopefully get it back on the accessories we all buy after purchase and then some.

[qoute]

I don't think thats as practical for Yamaha Motor co. as you make it sound. First of all the auto clutch kit is available as a factory installed option. Point blank, if the end user so desires..

And the Second point, and this is a big one… But with this speeds that this machine is capable of has to have Beadlock wheels for safeties sake. Period end of story!

you guys nitpicking a little too much. Some people just never satisfied I guess.

·
Registered
404 Posts
God dang it too. This is the first year release of a brand new category for Yamaha. Can we all let them get in the game before we proclaim FAIL because there is not yet a model that appeals specifically to one individual. Let's let them announce the turbo, four seater, trail model next season. Aren't you thrilled they are actually BACK? Can that be enough this year?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts