Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are happy to announce a new forum section dedicated specifically to all Yamaha YXZ electrical related discussions :cool:

So if you have a question or some information regarding Yamaha's YXZ1000R lighting, stereo or electrical, please post it up here!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
This might be a busy spot if everyone adds a bunch of extra goodies like, LED Light bars, stereo and amp, communication radio & GPS.
I suppose most will need that alternator kit extra, which sucks to have to add btw.

·
Registered
286 Posts
talked to electra sport today and explained how even yamaha is saying you need more power to run lights and so on so they are checking into building a high output stator for it

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
A bigger stator would sell like hot cakes if anyone is listening!!!!
This was discussed very early on. I'd have to do some digging to find it but someone (Ricky Stator maybe) said there is not enough room to install a higher output stator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I noticed several YXZ's with light bars and lighted whips. I did not see any with the add on alternator. I did see one with the additional battery mounted in a plastic box in the bed.
Obviously it works just fine without the add on alternator. Wondering if it's a long term issue?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Anybody running the alternator kit on the YXZ ? Will this kit eliminate the use of your factory charging system or will they work in tandem ? I was also wondering if anyone knows the output of the alternator kit, I have not been able to find that info out with basic sales pitch and what drives the pulley off the motor. I see it drives off the rear of the engine but the kits don't show a new cover with a way to drive the primary pulley. Any info on this kit would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Anybody running the alternator kit on the YXZ ? Will this kit eliminate the use of your factory charging system or will they work in tandem ? I was also wondering if anyone knows the output of the alternator kit, I have not been able to find that info out with basic sales pitch and what drives the pulley off the motor. I see it drives off the rear of the engine but the kits don't show a new cover with a way to drive the primary pulley. Any info on this kit would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.
http://www.yxztalk.com/forum/29-yxz-lighting-stereo-electrical/10337-alternator-mounted.html

·
Registered
726 Posts
This was discussed very early on. I'd have to do some digging to find it but someone (Ricky Stator maybe) said there is not enough room to install a higher output stator.
I talked to them they said no not possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looking for the answer to this very question: (Will this kit eliminate the use of your factory charging system or will they work in tandem)? What is the verdict on this?

·
Registered
821 Posts
The alternator adds to the stock stator output. The stock stator is not replaced or disconnected when the alternator is installed.

Reactions: JasonRandles

·
Registered
127 Posts
The alternator adds to the stock stator output. The stock stator is not replaced or disconnected when the alternator is installed.
Thank you for the info! I just ordered one and was wondering. So this means I'll have the approx 33 amps available from the stator as well as the 35 amps from the alternator? Aprox 68 amps available? Not exactly sure how the math works on this. Never had a car with 2 charging systems!
Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes, it is that simple.

Reactions: JasonRandles
1 - 17 of 17 Posts