Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
Water temperature monitoring recommendations added to original post. Also cleaned up outdated/bad reference links.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Newbie here. Been lurking on this great forum for weeks, learning and taking all this wealth of experience in. One thing to add to the checklist might be the CV boots having damage (tiny tears from installation at factory). Thanks again to all on this site.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone want to list bolts clamps etc that they found to be loose when they picked it up from the dealer? Things commonly missed during assembly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a Rekluse cluth put in, took it out no problems. Took it out 2nd time no power to the ground. Took it back to dealer, dealer just called and said the check engine light was on so he ran codes. Came back with tip sensor. Machine has never been on its side or even close to it. Anybody else have issue?

·
Administrator
3,622 Posts
Had a Rekluse cluth put in, took it out no problems. Took it out 2nd time no power to the ground. Took it back to dealer, dealer just called and said the check engine light was on so he ran codes. Came back with tip sensor. Machine has never been on its side or even close to it. Anybody else have issue?
You'll probably get more responses if you start a new thread with a title concerning your specific issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shift linkage on SS is definitely more worthy. I also experienced one of my fuel injector plugs coming disconnected. One was good, another loose. At 40 miles. Clipped them all back in and good to go. With it disconnected read error code 39

·
Registered
93 Posts
Props to Weller Racing on the swingarm links. Got mine installed last night and they look much tougher than stock. This is my first upgrade on my YXZ. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ill add my few experiences with my bike. For starters it's a 2016 yellow se and i bought it in January of 2016. It also was a demo model with 60 miles on it. Brought it home, rode around my brothers few acres for a couple hours. A few days later i found a pin hole in the drivers front inner cv boot. I couldn't prove it was like that before i bought it so no luck with getting a dealership to cover it. The bolts that hold the door handles to the door shell rattled loose in both doors by the second full day ride and those stupid bolts are like three dollars a piece. A quick splash through a soupy mid hole plugged the radiator and it had overheating issues for a few hours until i got it rinsed out thoroughly and got the air to purge from the engine block. The weirdest thing i had was one of the crack case vent tubes located ontop of the valve cover popped off. I have no idea how, i started it up and noticed it seemed unusually loud when i pulled up to my garage. I let it idle while looking around and found the one hose off of its pipe and shifted over a little. Other than that, I've just had bad luck with tires but we are usually in rocky terrain so that's not the bikes fault. Other than those relatively minor things I've loved the bike. Oh and i have noticed the powdercoat chipping off the rear trailing arms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
anybody know if its a good idea to remove secondary air filter i have evo sports after market filter im at the dunes 90% of the time ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
leave it on, there are no performance gains by removing it. My Rc-2 got a little cocked once and I didn't catch it, if I didn't have the secondary I would have been screwed. I did do with the GYTR secondary though

·
Registered
53 Posts
I feel like there is something to be added here, I remember reading a post on here about the uncapped tube frame at the front of these YXZ that someone was able to plug with some one inch caps and some heavy duty glue. The original poster mentioned that they also pointed this issue out to Factory Yamaha as the tubing is apart of the front frame and is made and bent in such a way that water can collect in your frame and rust out from the inside. I have since tried to find the post, after verifying that my 16 SE also has this deficiency, in efforts of finding the Home Depot part number or name that was used to plug the holes.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I feel like there is something to be added here, I remember reading a post on here about the uncapped tube frame at the front of these YXZ that someone was able to plug with some one inch caps and some heavy duty glue. The original poster mentioned that they also pointed this issue out to Factory Yamaha as the tubing is apart of the front frame and is made and bent in such a way that water can collect in your frame and rust out from the inside. I have since tried to find the post, after verifying that my 16 SE also has this deficiency, in efforts of finding the Home Depot part number or name that was used to plug the holes.
Blu1000R started the thread

·
Registered
73 Posts
In my opinion the stock cage bolts that connect the upper cage to the lower cage need to be replaced.

The stock bolts are approximately 3/8 diameter and the holes going through the cage are just under a 1/2 diameter, ( the stock holes are roughly .470 diameter). That is just a problem waiting to happen. In a roll over they could very easily shear.

I switched my bolts out to Grade 8, 1/2-20 bolts with metal lock nuts. I also made sure that they had proper shoulder lengths.

All in all the hardware cost me about $50 to get but it is much better and safer. I know that some people would rather stay with a metric bolt but either way I think it is important to have a proper diameter bolt.

I did have to slightly ream the holes to accept the 1/2” diameter bolts. Going with a M12 bolt would work without having to team the holes at all. The only reason I went with an American bolt was to get the correct shoulder length.

Just something I thought I would add that I have found on my car.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts