Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2016 YXZ with a turbo. It has 3500 miles and has a few battle scars but it runs good and is a blast to drive. I'm in northern NV so high desert with lots of dirt roads and trails to bomb around on.

It is stock with the exception of the turbo and a tuner. Just got it a couple days ago so haven't had time to check it out yet other than a couple quick blasts up and down the dirt road I live on.

Looking for info on what mods to do to it. It seems like a new cage and 5 point harness would be good investments. Seems like the LSK kit is a good one? I have a MIG welder so can weld it up myself. I'm old (66) so won't be racing it or anything too crazy but I do like to go fast.

Any recommended vendor for a 5 point harness?

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice looking machine! Congrats on your purchase.
Weld up an LSK, fitment of the kit is top notch. With a helper and some ratchet straps, you’ll have it ready to tack in an hour.
Used Dragonfire harness myself along with their harness brackets and am pleased.
Many great harness companies out their, biggest difference seems to be strap width, padding location, buckle style, etc….
Have fun!

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
Welcome, I believe you are on the right track to start with a cage and harnesses. LSK is a great weld-up cage. Also, I have a Cageworks weld-up cage that I would highly recommend. Either one would be a great addition. Do you know if your YXZ has had the rods replaced in the engine? If not you are on borrowed time with a turbo on stock rods. I would suggest that you find out if possible whether or not they have been done. The pre-2019 cars came with weak rods that were not suitable for turbocharging. If one of the stock rods lets loose you will be replacing the block.

·
Registered
2021 yxz 1000r
70 Posts
Haha I see the smoke, damn California be burning again. I too live in northern nv. What particular part are you in?
anyway I think the yxz is the best machine for this kind of trails I live really close to moonrocks, like really close, andI go there all the time in the yxz straight out my garage doors
I ride with my buddy and he has a canam x3 turbo rr xrs s bla bla bla. Its cool but it has a cut sooooo it’s really not that fun to drive
Maybe we can ride together sometime 😉

·
Registered
2021 yxz 1000r
70 Posts
Also for a harness a run a dragon fire 4point and is perfect fit for the yxz, slight mods to make it fit but really comfortable. My other yxz has a prp 4.3 and it’s waaay more padded but slides of the shoulder after extended use

1 - 7 of 7 Posts