Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just joined the forum, first time YXZ owner. I just bought a used 2016 YXZ yellow limited.
1688 miles 77 hrs. Got a great deal on it , but has a couple of issues so I’m working thru those.
Can’t wait to contribute to the forum but for now I’ll just keep my mouth shut and learn from all of you! Steve

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
136 Posts
It's the RZ there that instantly got me, couple tanks on the wall... That looks like an '85, fun old 2 strokes..

That YXZ is a beauty too - the anniversary colors are awesome. Had a YZ80 that was yellow with same pattern..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the RZ there that instantly got me, couple tanks on the wall... That looks like an '85, fun old 2 strokes..

That YXZ is a beauty too - the anniversary colors are awesome. Had a YZ80 that was yellow with same pattern..
correct RZ350 mine is an 84 and has all the usual hop up stuff, pipes , carbs, Ohlins, ported..... on and on and on. Extra RZ tanks are like gold nobody makes them and they all rot.
So good to have back ups. I’ll probably go down the same rabbit hole like my RZ... just keep throwing money at it... lol

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
136 Posts
Been down that path way too many times on too many rigs, I always end up doing it too.. When I bought my YXZ I had a plan for it already that involved thousands of extra dollars... Each one evolves or we just add more... I'm at a point where I want two different YXZs - built for the sand and dunes and the other my trail/desert car, possible gear it way lower..

Mine was motocross and dirt bikes - I'd build them to a crazy point power or performance wise that it got so ridiculous. A buddy and I shoe horned a 500cc built 2 stroke from a CR500 hill climber into a 250 - 2 stroke (highly modified) frame.

I dated a gal that raced an RZ back in the day - I was dirt and she was street, weird combo but fun.. Something about 2 strokes for me - music to my ears..

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hi Steve!!

I am rocking a 2016 Anniversary Edition

I love that RZ!! Please post some more pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my baby, found it in a shed about 12 years ago neglected, have pretty much totally gone thru her.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello! Just joined the forum, first time YXZ owner. I just bought a used 2016 YXZ yellow limited.
1688 miles 77 hrs. Got a great deal on it , but has a couple of issues so I’m working thru those.
Can’t wait to contribute to the forum but for now I’ll just keep my mouth shut and learn from all of you! Steve

View attachment 117892
SWEET RZ!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts