Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 1000R 3Pedal
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New delivery, checked oil after achieving 140• ... Oil in half way up grid.... Is this ok to operate? Should it optimally be covering the grid 100%?

Thanks for all,

Cb

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hatching on the dip stick indicates acceptable level. Do not overfill it. Leave a little room for expansion due to air bubbles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hatching on the dip stick indicates acceptable level. Do not overfill it. Leave a little room for expansion due to air bubbles.
Hi fort

Once again thanks for your logic it makes a whole bunch of sense. I actually had a few moments today to take the car out instead of just warming it up around my stupid busy schedule. I ran it progressively up to about seven Grand trying as hard as I could to adhere to a sequential break-in session for about 15 minutes. I then came back and said what the heck I'll check the oil now even though I took it to 140° before like the book said. The oil was all the way up the grid! Thank you so much for helping me through my little pissy party when I went strictly by the temperature method. You weren't kidding brother it expanded! On to the next white belt challenge now, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts