Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just opened airbox for first time for first air filter service.
Guess what?
No AIRFILTER!!!!
BRAND NEW machine.
Has just over 7 hours on it.
2019 yxz1000r ss se
Any advice on recourse against Yamaha to make this right?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess what?
No AIRFILTER!!!!
BRAND NEW machine.
2019 yxz1000r ss se
Guess what?
No AIRFILTER!!!!
BRAND NEW machine.
2019 yxz1000r ss se
Secondary filter is in place.

·
Registered
137 Posts
More than likely Yamaha will say its the dealers fault for not doing a pre check on the machine to make sure everything is in order. Dealer probably took it out and forgot to replace it, someone probably wanted to buy one and there wasnt one in stock. Id call the dealer first and raise hell

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Secondary filter is in it, do you think it's a good enough filter to stop all the dust?
6 hours of engine time was running very dusty trails?

·
Registered
601 Posts
That’s really unfortunate! Your going to go through a lot of BS with the dealership.

I would demand a new machine or a new Crate engine. I hope you have a very good dealership.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Secondary filter is in it, do you think it's a good enough filter to stop all the dust?
6 hours of engine time was running very dusty trails?
There good filters but not really well sealed around the edges like the primary foam filter.

You can pull it out, look behind it into the air box, you’ll be able to see if dust was bypassing it. There shouldn’t be any dust residue behind it on the air box going into the throttle bodies

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's at dealer, mechanic that I've know for over 20 years says he's take care of it.
I'll be there tomorrow to watch it all go down.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Make sure you take names,numbers times and places and write it down.Take photos too. Hopefully you won't need it but if you do, you will have it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had a primary filter that folded up on me down at its base near the secondary as I put it in and I failed to notice. Went probably 800 miles or so with plenty of dust before I changed it. When I saw what had happened, I was worried and replaced the secondary so I could inspect for bypass. It was clean thankfully.... I think the secondary seals up pretty damn good. It has a recessed groove with an integral o-ring in it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
14 Participants
Hairballusmaximus
Yamaha YXZ Forums
YXZ Talk Forum is the largest online community for Yamaha YXZ 1000 fans. Discuss turbocharging, suspension, drive train, and more!
Full Forum Listing