Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hell yeah! You're way up there! What's the trick? Stay on the gas through the jump? When should you lift off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Photoshop.....

Haha jk!!! That looks awesome! Pretty high. How does the suspension soak those kinda hits? With all the guys saying it has stiff shocks, maybe your one of the few guys driving it like your supposed too lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just keep is pinned off lip with little throttle in air, thing loves to jump with speed, suspension felt solid also, and took probably 10-15 jumps like this, there was a few rzr with us all n/a and every one of them were wanting to sell rzr and jump in a yxz, no joke! this thing is a totally diffrent experience then a rzr! rzrs r fun, but the yxz just is on another level

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if u drive it hard the suspension is in the ballpark. the rzr was boostn too, but was bottoming out hard, buudy didnt want to b shown up so he went pretty big too, but only jumped twice,and no this isnt photoshopped IMG_0608[1].PNG

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll be the first to admit that the few nose dives in my videos are my fault (it's my first SXS) except the really bad one where some wind and rain destroyed the lip and made it into a roller that I didn't notice.
I agree with you on the suspension too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been wondering about the ole donkey kick. Thanks for moving my though one more notch toward the YXZ!

Looks good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunaly the vid shot was trash, and the picture taker was a noob! Goin back out this weekend with my buddies drone/vid and should get some killer shots, , ill post them for u guys for sure! And to be clear on the yxz being on another level, im talking about fun factor! that being said if u have any offroad experience at speed and know what ur doing u can smoke any n/a sxs out there, i have a feeling it would give a turbo a run for its money on any track! We will see tho cause got a turbo canam joining this weekend

·
Banned
228 Posts
Unfortunaly the vid shot was trash, and the picture taker was a noob! Goin back out this weekend with my buddies drone/vid and should get some killer shots, , ill post them for u guys for sure! And to be clear on the yxz being on another level, im talking about fun factor! that being said if u have any offroad experience at speed and know what ur doing u can smoke any n/a sxs out there, i have a feeling it would give a turbo a run for its money on any track! We will see tho cause got a turbo canam joining this weekend
Be sure to get the run against the turbo on video. I sure wanna see some real world runs between these machines.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It really depends on the take-off. The YXZ is not perfect right out of the box. No matter how many adjustments I made to it I could not get it to do this over the exact same jump, back to back. It's not always just about technique. Ignore the little dumbass who took off his shoulder harness without me looking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you guys running 2 or 4 wheel out in the dunes? I only got to put 5 hours on mine before I went on a business trip, but I'm 20 minutes away from Gordons well and will be home in time for thanksgiving in glamis.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is your captain speaking. First I'd like to welcome yxz talk members on Yamaha Flight YXZ. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 10 feet at an airspeed of 78 miles per hour. The weather looks good with no tail winds we are expecting to land on the dune in approximately 15 seconds. Until then, sit back, hold on and enjoy the flight. :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have found the Yellow Bird to do very well in most sand situations in 2wd. I really didn't even notice much of a difference on steep climbs with a rolling start. That said, this rig is the wife's and when I am not thrashing around in it, I keep it in 4wd to avoid the inevitable dig-out. I need to add that this is the absolute best steering machine I've ever piloted. It really is amazing. You can tell no difference turning at low speeds in 2 or 4wd. Most of the time, I get in the rig and forget that its still in 4wd and wonder why the hell I can't get into a decent powerslide without effort. The Wildcat is just pure suck when it comes to steering. Even with the Pace linkage, it is a 2 out of 10 in the power steering dept.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I did a small jump, which was in second gear & (4wd) and I didn't let off the accelerator, it did nose dive though. I was told to try in 3rd or 4th gear because the engine wont be on high rev. Basically what they mean is it might be better to jump with decent rev like 5-7K. what do you guys think, I didn't try yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDaOrU6yZV5/?taken-by=suhailalshamsi

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
When i want to jump mine i just accelerate into the the jump and dont let off til your airborne, launches nice if your on it hard at lift off, at least that's how i jump any utv but the yxz has the torque to push you over that jump. I think people release throttle as they are jumping from what i have seen and of course you nose dive. Inspect that jump first then hit it a little harder right when you hit the jump, lifts off nice for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts