Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I noticed the same. I used to come here for advice and only recieved bias opinions so i chose to get advice elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree, I come here for evening entertainment and not much to read on lately. Guess we have to start something
Yep,well for starters,is there anything to do for deeper scratches in my plastic? Besides buying new,of course!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yep,well for starters,is there anything to do for deeper scratches in my plastic? Besides buying new,of course!

Darn can't help you with that one. Mine has been a Dune Queen since new so plastic looks like it did when I brought it home. I wonder what a wrap would cost? Sure you would damage the wrap at some point but might save you the hassle of polishing? Just a thought as long as we are the only ones on here

·
Registered
39 Posts
Darn can't help you with that one. Mine has been a Dune Queen since new so plastic looks like it did when I brought it home. I wonder what a wrap would cost? Sure you would damage the wrap at some point but might save you the hassle of polishing? Just a thought as long as we are the only ones on here
Yeah it probably would start taking a beating too,and then look worse than ever,I dunno...maybe should just bite the bullet and get new when I get totally tired of this set.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Seems like the people following and posting has fallen off dramatically.
Yeah, it use to be a good forum. As soon as Vertical Scope, the owner of the site, announced they were going to change the format to make it better I knew where that was heading. I hate the new format, nothing better about it and the fact that there is never a moderator on the site, maybe a Admin will log in every two weeks or so at best, I check. That's why you have all this spam shit covering the whole first page of new posts. Even when you report it no admin comes in to delete and close the account. Great group of guys here but it's far from the first forum I've seen Vertical Scope run completely into the ground.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Look at how long the spam stays up. More spam on here than actual posts lately. The moderators need to clean it up, ban the ones posting it and their IP's.

18 post right now on the first page that are all spam and it stays there for weeks at a time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The problem kind of points to some underlying security issues with the site. Even basic software can block a spambot. That's what the annoying CAPTCHA does.

Only thing you can do at this point is open the user's profile, report them as a spambot, then click "ignore" and all that users posts are no longer visible to you. At least then you dont have to scroll through pages of useless spam.
Nate

·
Registered
168 Posts
I try to be optimistic. Everyone is just out riding with no issues!

But it does seem like this site has some type of Chinese virus lately.

·
Registered
212 Posts

[/QUOTE

Display them proudly. You've earned them.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Try the spray on vinyl protectant and leave it on. Turtle Wax, Armourall whatever is cheapest and as an added bonus the mud washes right off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try the spray on vinyl protectant and leave it on. Turtle Wax, Armourall whatever is cheapest and as an added bonus the mud washes right off.
I might try that. The mud washing right off would make it worthwhile in its self!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems like the people following and posting has fallen off dramatically.
Ok, guilty as charged...I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

Been busy so far this year and time just seems to escape me. Usually check the site once a week or so, but haven't posted since late last year.
So here's the latest happenings in my world:

First week in Feb drove down to Mesa with my honey and Nellie in tow. Got a VR Mid cage from BCF installed. The next day took Nellie to Weller Racing and they installed the wet clutch mod, new stock clutch plates, air injector block off kit, WR Edition exhaust w/ ecu flash, Simpson seats, and Dragonfire 5 point harnesses. I absolutely love all the mods, and I cannot say enough about the quality, professionalism, service, and friendly people at both businesses. Two thumbs up to both organizations, and I heartily recommend them to anyone! On the way back, we stopped at Bloody Basin in AZ for a quick shakedown, but with the high around 40 it was too cold for any severe testing.

After we got back, I started a multi-year project for a friend that has had some severe health issues and is currently confined to a wheelchair. He was an avid model railroader, and since I have experience in this hobby I decided to build him fairly large layout in his new house. I have been working on it about 5 days a week, and am almost ready to start laying the double track mainline. This project will take up a major portion of my time for the foreseeable future. Hopefully I will find enough time to also play some golf and have some adventures with Nellie.

Oh, and I also started working at Adobe Creek National Golf Course this week to start my 5th year in a row there. I am on the course maintenance team (which I have done for the past 15 years at various courses) and work my ass off...my year there starts off cleaning out the irrigation ditches which will take another week or 2.

And of course, corona-virus...which I personally think is being blown way out of proportion...

Anyway, here's a couple of pics:

Staging at Bloody Basin

That's it for now...I have lots of adventure pics to post when I get the chance to do a little editing.

Stay healthy and safe, everyone!

·
Registered
82 Posts
We have been out in the desert enjoying the ride...
For our purpose the YXZ the Forum is all about getting the right set up as the budget allows and at that point time you visit a bit less. I have run out of $$ vs adequate set up mods. I do like the full windshield in the cold and at night and the half as it warms up.

Next mod long travel is just a huge jump up in $$. The overdrive 5th gear would be nice but the tear down is painful!

Anyway, still great info, headed to the desert on the 20th Ocotillo wells.
Ridgecrest on the 27-30 Cuddeback Dry Lake area.
0B17E686-BF3C-4537-9E73-28949E063EAD.jpeg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts