Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Try Mothers Back to Black. It's supposed to cover up and renew the painted HDPE plastics.

I haven't used it yet, I'm still repainting the deep scratches and scuffs with ColorRite.

Perfect match for the deep purple blue.
That's great hear! I'm getting a custom cage built and have another idea as well. I plan to order some ColorRite. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Nothing like Utah, the SXS center of the universe! The new find here is Kanab, trails are endless. Kanab is a sleeping giant. Moab is great, but it has been discovered -- Kanab has not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's great hear! I'm getting a custom cage built and have another idea as well. I plan to order some ColorRite. Stay tuned...
I used the spray can and color match was dead on.... but.... I would recommend using a HVLP gun with .8mm tip.

I had an awesome color match but had waves in the finish that had me pulling my hair out.

If your doing a cage I wouldn't go with cans, order the pint/quart and swing by Horror Freight. The 120 cc HVLP Touch Up Air Spray Gun

Has done a surprisingly good job using Cerakote. Just make sure you use a good primer first.
Nate

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was all over this forum but with life and things habbening I have not been online as much. We have a few dune trips scheduled this year to Oregon and Glamis.

FYI.....COVID-19 is being blown WAY out of proportion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The YXZ has been sitting in the garage most of the winter. So, for me, not much to discuss.
I was tinkering with the YFZs this winter. Now it’s time to get back to YXZ stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So it was mentioned earlier in this thread about all the spam,but for example,yesterday evening in the span of about two hours,some random Ronald green has posted nearly 60 messages totally unrelated to what this site is for! Is there any possible way that we as users could help improve this? Just wondering,out of frustration!!

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
So it was mentioned earlier in this thread about all the spam,but for example,yesterday evening in the span of about two hours,some random Ronald green has posted nearly 60 messages totally unrelated to what this site is for! Is there any possible way that we as users could help improve this? Just wondering,out of frustration!!

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
About the only thing you can do is report the user as being a Spambot, then click ignore on their profile.

Nothing will happen till an admin shows up to delete the user and their posts.

And the Spam posts wont stop until the site owners add a "human verification" to the user creation function.
Nate

21 - 27 of 27 Posts