Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 se
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2016 yxz a few weeks ago from a dealer, and they didn't mention the radio.believe the trax radio is a rugged radio for 2 occupants..The other looks like car to car...Has an antenna....They seem to work but no headsets came with car, or instructions for radio, and ive never seen them before. Think I should order 2 rugged radio headsets from the internet? Car has 2 plugins that look like oldschool stereo headphone jacks, 2 push to talk buttons and a plug that looks to fit a phone

·
Registered
13 Posts
Purchased a 2016 yxz a few weeks ago from a dealer, and they didn't mention the radio.believe the trax radio is a rugged radio for 2 occupants..The other looks like car to car...Has an antenna....They seem to work but no headsets came with car, or instructions for radio, and ive never seen them before. Think I should order 2 rugged radio headsets from the internet? Car has 2 plugins that look like oldschool stereo headphone jacks, 2 push to talk buttons and a plug that looks to fit a phone View attachment 118536
you have a pci race radios trax, it is 2 channels and has a different plug, I believe it’s considered a 5 pin vs a 4 pin. The trax is a higher end model with both left and right channels. You also have the 2 buttons which is again an upgrade, it’s DSP which is digital signal processing to eliminate any other background noise beyond your voice. Call pci to order the correct head sets otherwise you’ll need a plug adapter and won’t get full use of both L&R channels

·
Registered
2016 se
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have a pci race radios trax, it is 2 channels and has a different plug, I believe it’s considered a 5 pin vs a 4 pin. The trax is a higher end model with both left and right channels. You also have the 2 buttons which is again an upgrade, it’s DSP which is digital signal processing to eliminate any other background noise beyond your voice. Call pci to order the correct head sets otherwise you’ll need a plug adapter and won’t get full use of both L&R channels
Thank you....I will call and order headsets....what a bonus....Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts