Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Definitely not sold on the 19+ being the end all be all, as you said nothing really is that. Just likely to be a bit better than prior years, my personal experience was a good one (fortunately). Nonetheless I've been thinking about an upgraded cage ever since.

That said it sounds like you may know a thing or two about cage design. I have a very well respected cage builder (in my area anyway) and he does have one available for the YXZ, which is not a common thing around here as the YXZ is not a popular choice in the midwest. However I like that he is local, and he also said if they build it we can also tailor it (I am sure within reason) to my liking. What do you think about this general design?
View attachment 121352
View attachment 121353
View attachment 121354
If the pics they sent you include the one on the lawn is is 100% an lsk WIY cage. I know the owner of that car on the lawn

Registered
Really? You from Missouri? This was on their FB page but could've been something they just snagged as an example.

Pretty sure they just did a "one-off" cage for testing/jigging, I was tempted to buy it but wanted to do more research on them first PLUS figured I'd want some small tweaks here and there for my accessories. I know for a fact they do a lot of custom work, but for the YXZ (and it's lack of following around here) they probably opted to just use this kit. Ultimately sounds like they have the LSK as their YXZ offering.
I鈥檓 from the west coast, the gray car with brown cage is one of my buddies. His car is actually the LSK assembly video for the yxz radius cage. He has rolled his car end over end with that cage and it did not budge at all,
debeaded tires but the frame kept square.

the car bucked hard, after this trip he bought the fast lab tire carrier.

If you have a buddy that welds you could have that cage fairly cheap + a case of beer for your buddies help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts